Virginia
Options

suggestion instead of a guestbook

Hey everyone!

One late night at work I was searching the knots message boards trying to get  ideas of what I can do for the reception. I think every bride tries to do something different and unique.

I suddenly came across a simple suggestion for a wedding wish tree instead of a guestbook or the picture frame people sign. There is a very nice lady, Laura, that makes a unique version of the tree. I actually think I squealed at 2:00am by myself when I saw this lol.

She works just outside the VA border in Rocky Mount, NC (i know i know this is a VA board but they are really close to the border and are willing to deliver in VA). I have been working with her for a couple of days trying to come up with a one of a kind tree for myself. Its very nice working with someone one on one and she replies very promptly. I even showed my fiance the next day and he loved it. They kind of have an industrial/rustic kind of look. Very unique.

The only catch is she hand delievers the trees (for a price) which is a good thing I guess to make sure the tree arrives w/o any problems. I live in Manassas and after talking to my fiance we will probably just go down and pick it up, make a day trip out of it.  Anyway, I was really excited when I came across this thought I spread the wealth of the wedding wish tree since I've never heard of it. =o)

http://www.greenphoenixdesigns.com/

PS: I guess I should say the concept of the tree is people write on a card they're wishes or suggestions for you and they hang it on the tree. I would love to leave them on the tree afterwards but my cats will probably thing its a toy so I will probably print off pictures of the people at the wedding and in a scrapbook place the cards near the pictures of the people. Plus the tree will be a pretty decoration around the house

Re: suggestion instead of a guestbook

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is beautiful idea and very unique! I too have been trying to come up with something different and beachy for the guestbook.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love wishing trees and the ones this lady makes are gorgeous! If it fits in your budget, and you love it, definitely get it!
  • Options
    rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to threadjack... but I recently went to a wedding that had a picture frame with a tree trunk and branches drawn or painted on it.  And then they had about 6 different ink pads in different colors sitting out.  Each guest made their thumbprint on the tree (like a leaf) and then signed their name(smallish in thin iink) below the print.  There were wipes at the table for people to use after their thumbprint.  It looks very pretty and is something  I would actualy hang on my wall (probably more of a hallway)
  • Options
    gabbyjogabbyjo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That thumbprint thing sounds great.  Are you going to use one?
    Grow where you are planted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards