Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Can't decide on a venue! Phoenixville Foundry Audubon Center or somewhere else?

Any insight on either venue? Is the Foundry worth the extra money? How much should you spend on a venue compared to your combined salary??

Re: Can't decide on a venue! Phoenixville Foundry Audubon Center or somewhere else?

• Options
    I can't really speak to either venue but if you are looking for something in that area that has beautiful grounds and open catering, I'd check out Springton Manor Farm in Glenmoore. This is our venue and it is really very beautiful and quite affordable.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am not familiar with the Audobon Center but I was absolutely in love with the Phoenixville Foundry!!  Unfortunately, what with a January wedding and 95% OOTs and no cars.....that wasn't going to happen for us.  So I'm jealous it's an option for you!  :)  If it was an option for me, I'd be set.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am not familiar with the Audobon Center but I was absolutely in love with the Phoenixville Foundry!!  Unfortunately, what with a January wedding and 95% OOTs and no cars.....that wasn't going to happen for us.  So I'm jealous it's an option for you!  :)  If it was an option for me, I'd be set.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was in love with Audubon Center, but my guest list was too large for it.  So I have the best of both worlds...I'm doing the ceremony at Audubon in the afternoon and having the ceremony at the Foundry at night.  If you want a more rustic vibe, go with Audubon.  If you want more modern, definitely go with the Foundry.  There are ways to keep the costs down there because you can choose your own caterer, but definitely pay attention to the details because everything with caterers adds up quickly!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_cant-decide-on-a-venue-phoenixville-foundry-audubon-center-or-somewhere-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2698672d-ea66-4fa8-aab1-46b1a929ff7fPost:4ec123bf-bc58-4760-b99d-09e4391ea2e0">Can't decide on a venue! Phoenixville Foundry Audubon Center or somewhere else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any insight on either venue? Is the Foundry worth the extra money? How much should you spend on a venue compared to your combined salary??
    Posted by lcalabrese1[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thanks! I ended up choosing the Foundry. I knew I would regret it if I didn't have my wedding there!!
  • Options
    Does anybody know a ballpark figure of how much the Foundry costs per head? I absolutely love it from the pictures but I don't want to see it and get disapointed if it is out of my price range. 
  • Options
    asdesimoasdesimo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know how late the curfew is at Audubon? We have a lot of 20 somethings attending our wedding so the later we can party during our reception the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards