Florida-Central Florida

XP: Rehearsal

Hi ladies!!

Sorry for all that XPs this weekend!!  Just getting close and want to reach out to as many people as I can on some last minute things!!  =)

I have some questions about the logistics of the rehearsal..

Ok, so our rehearsal is at 1:30 on Friday afternoon before our wedding.  Its not an ideal time and a few of our WP can't make it due to work commitments, but its all we could get, so, we'll have to make do.

That being said, we obviously want to make the dinner more accesible to our WP than the actual rehearsal is.  Most of our WP is form out of town or are teachers, so we were thinking of doing the dinner at 5:00, maybe a bit later to accommodate the spouses of the girls that are not teachers, but I'd say probably 6 at the latest..

So, anyway, how does that work with having the big gap in there?  I've never been to a RD that wasn't immediately following the rehearsal.  Do we have to entertain the wedding party for that approx 3 hours in between or do they kind of just hang out until the dinner? 

As an aside, the dinner is not at the same location as the rehearsal, so we will be providing transportation so that no one has to worry about renting a car or anything.

Thanks for any advice you all can give!  =)

Re: XP: Rehearsal

• Choco9Choco9 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have the same situation... rehearsal at 11 a.m., dinner at 5:30, different location.

It completely depends on your guests, IMO.  Those that can make it of my wedding party are either local or will have spouses with them to check into their hotel after a lunch or something.  I thought about doing a bridal lunch of some sort but decided against it, and I think everyone was actually happy to be able to do their own thing instead of more wedding-related stuff.  That said, they are all very familiar with Orlando/Winter Park and kind of have things on their agenda, too.

If I had a single out-of-towner in the wedding party, I would probably see if they wanted to hang with me (or my FI if they were on his side).  I think you can talk with each your people and see what they think.  You might be surprised that they will appreciate some time away from wedding activity. =)
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say you don't need to entertain them, let people check into the hotel and hang out. If you are interested in hanging out somewhere, just let them know that you will be at XYZ and they are welcome to join you. Otherwise the transportation will be leaving the hotel at 5pm (or whatever time)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards