Massachusetts-Boston

Non-church ceremony venue?

Hello all! My fiance and I just decided on a timeframe to get married, which is august of 2012. I understand that it's a bit short notice for some areas in the wedding world, so I'm doing my best to get through some of the planning. 

I am having trouble finding a wedding ceremony venue. The tentative place we have is the holiday inn boxborough. While they offer their facilities for a ceremony and reception, I really wanted to find an outdoor location for the ceremony, and then go to the hotel for the reception. Any outdoor places I seem to find offer rates based on a block of time meant for a reception plus a ceremony. 

Does anyone know of an outdoor place that is available for just a ceremony that's not too far from boxborough? I was thinking within 30 minutes driving time. I also have about 120 guests coming (I wanted to try the Butterfly Place, but their capacity is 100). Ideally I'd love a really nice garden-type setting, but even just a nice outdoor woods/park area would be fine too. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Non-church ceremony venue?

• Hi Dsquared28-
     It has been a while (more than 10 years) but one of my closest friends had her ceremony at the Acton Arboretum.  It is right off Main St., close to the center of Acton.  It would be less than 15 min. from the Boxborough Holiday Inn.  There is also a little park in Hudson (no idea of the name) which I think is off Rt. 62 (not sure) just a little ways from the Elks Club.  Good luck!
    Anne
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards