Mississippi

A few random questions

I'm slowly but surely trying to get my wedding planning started. We still have a little over a year until the ceremony, but I'm trying to get my basics lined up. Which leads me to my point... I have my venue lined up (I think), but I'm still searching for a lot of the other stuff.

For a caterer, I was looking at Julep's menu. It looks AMAZING, but I haven't talked to anybody about pricing. Does anybody know if they're reasonably-priced or like crazy expensive?

I also have no ideas on photographer or band/DJ for the reception. Anybody have any suggestions?? I seriously appreciate any and all help! Thanks! Smile

Re: A few random questions

• LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mel - As you know, this place is ssssssslllllllllooooooooooowwwww, but I can tell you what I know!

I've heard WONDERFUL things about Julep's catering. I've never had it, but please call and see if you can get a quote and then report back - you aren't the first girl to ask and I'm sure you won't be the last, it'd be great to have something to tell people!

I had a friend shoot my wedding pictures, so I'm not much help on that front either, but I've seen some GORGEOUS pictures from a girl named Lauren Liddell - she's located in Flowood but she's done pictures for some friends and even my sister in law.
    Her number (via google) is: (601) 466-9513 and her FB page is here http://www.facebook.com/laurenfliddell

No band or DJ suggestions, sorry, but hopefully you'll get some feedback!
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LDY - thanks for the photographer, I will have to check her out! As for Julep, I will definitely be posting whatever info I find on here. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Jackson, so I would have to assume that their catering is just as divine.

Oh, and confession... I just stalked your bio. I love the pic in your siggy, so I just had to check out the rest of them. I'm glad I did, because your WP pics are SO CUTE! I might be stealing some of them as ideas/inspiration.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA, thanks Mel! My friend Rachel Underwood (Rachel Underwood Photography) did them! She juuuust had a baby, so I'm not sure if she's willing to take on new clients just yet, but she's absolutely wonderful - check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    Julep is catering my wedding, and I could not be happier with them!!!! Nice buffett food (could very well be substituted for dinner) for 300 people is costing us about $4500. The lady that coordinates everything is AMAZING. She has answered every question we have had, and has provided easy and simple solutions to everything. We mentioned to her that we wanted to do cute glass bottled coke products and she got them for us at a wholesale price! We were just going to get them on our own, but she was so quick to offer her help. Our fee includes people to serve food and drinks, clean (yay!), cups/plates/etc, and to cut the cake.

Also, the food is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you have any question!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, for a band we're using my friend's dad's band - The Carlton South Carolina Show Band (aka The Carlton's). They're so much fun, and an extremely talented group.

My photographer is a friend of my fiance's, and she does a great job! My bridal portraits were so much fun, and they turned out great! Her name is Anna Goodson.
    Her facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Anna-Catherine-Photography/102686829776291. Her prices are great, and she wants nothing more than to make you happy.
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the info! I will definitely let you know if I think of any questions. Don't have any right now, but that could be because my brain is a little bit dead.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of a strings group in Natchez?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kselle,

I definitely don't. I'd suggest maybe calling your venue and seeing if they know of anyone...or maybe even the MS Symphony? Maybe they can rec. someone who will either GO to Natchez or is there. Musicians are pretty tight knit.
  • edited December 2011
    The band REDLINE on the northshore in LA is great and does alot of weddings in LA and MS they have a fb page under REDLINE

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards