California-Los Angeles
Options

Inexpensive wedding venues in LA/Ventura County

Hi all,

Has anybody found some nice, but inexpensive wedding venues in LA/Ventura County?  I'm looking for an outdoor ceremony + outdoor or indoor reception on a budget and finding it difficult to browse through all that's out there!

Any suggestions, especially ones that may not be listed on the knot or here comes the guide would be fabulous. Bonus if you've already been to a wedding or had a wedding there.

Looking forward to hear of your suggestions!

Re: Inexpensive wedding venues in LA/Ventura County

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am getting married at Arroyo Verde Park in Ventura, and thats free.  You only have to pay like $5 for parking for all day.
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Pickwick Gardens in Burbank.  It was beautiful and the garden area is so picturesque!  As far as budget, we felt the pricing was real good.  They have different sizes of rooms and different priced menus. 

http://www.pickwickgardensconferencecenter.com/california-garden-wedding-reception.htm

We worked with Robbie and she was wonderful for us!

Let me know if you want any other info.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You might want to check out Wedgewood Sterling Hills in Camarillo.  They also have a location in Ventura.

• Options
    esteej9esteej9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Oak Park Community Center. They have a pretty little area for a ceremony and a building with kitchen to have reception.

http://www.rsrpd.org/park/opccg/opccghome.html
  • Options
    jjoseph885jjoseph885 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for the same thing now!
    Have you found your venue yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I posted this earlier today on another board...

Not sure what qualifies as "inexpensive" but my fiance and I got engaged in December and I contacted seriously about 100 reception sites and physicial visited 25 of them.  We have a guest list of 200 and our wedding is on a Sunday (not sure what day you are planning for but most places discount for Fridays & Sundays so if you are on a budget like we are, it really is your best option).  Below are the places that came in on the low end.  It all depends on what "extras" you want as to how expensive they get, but they do start off low for our area.

- UCLA Covel Commons (has a huge outdoor terrace)
    - Courtyard Marriott Westside in Culver City (the lobby level room has an outdoor area, beautiful room comes with white padded folding chairs, but has low ceiling)
    - V Lounge (club in Santa Monica, if you are going for an unconventional look)
    - Skylinks Golf Course in Long Beach (is indoor/outdoor.  they were a little on the high end for us, but should offer to try and work with your budget)
    - Simon's Banquet Hall in San Pedro (is indoor/outdoor.  they are expensive but Cindy will most definitely work with you - we almost booked this venue)
    - Bungalow Club (restaraunt/club near Melrose & La Brea - also unconventional but has a beautiful outdoor area.  Drawback is the dancing is upstairs and seating is downstairs)
    - Radisson LA Westside in Culver City (inexpensive but in my opinion just another ballroom, although it does have a small outdoor balcony of sorts)
    - Recreation Park in Long Beach (another golf course, not as nice as Skylinks but less $)
    - Hacienda Hotel in El Segundo (has 2 ballrooms, 1 with an outdoor patio but the ballrom has low ceilings and is kinda narrow)
    - Pickwick Gardens in Burbank (beautiful and Robbie worked with us on pricing because it was a Sunday)
    - Automobile Museum in El Segundo (caterering by Salt Creek, they have discounted pricing for Fridays & Sundays)
    - Courtyard Marriott in Marina Del Rey (for Sundays they rent the room w/ no catering for $3K so if you have a cheap caterer you could come out pretty low)
    - Marriott Downtown (offered discounted pricing, but for their small ballrom with low ceilings - we didn't particularly care for the contact person here.  also parking is valet ONLY)
    - Long Beach Petroleum Club (by no means a lavish venue but if you have a large decorating budget I can see how the room could be transformed, but it's super cheap)
    - South End Club in Torrance (for a Sunday it's $2600 for the room -but might be lower for less than 200 people- and the caterer is Carlos, you get separate pricing with him)
    - Vatican Banquet Hall in Van Nuys (beautiful room with 2 levels and 2 staircases and an outdoor patio.  great pricing but we didn't click with the owner as well as the place we decided on)
    - Michael's Tuscany Room in San Pedro (this is the place we chose and Carol Ann gave us great pricing because we booked far in advance.  It was top 3 of the 25 places we physical saw and bottom 3 in pricing)

I have pictures of all of the places and could email them to you if you want.  I also have a list of places who are slightly more than these listed above if your budget is higher.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions or want more info.  Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend that you go to  http://www.weddingcelebrations.com  where you can find every kind of wedding venue in Ventura County (garden, banquet hall, country club, etc) and great vendors too.  This is a great site that my DH and I used to plan our wedding.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards