Pennsylvania

Nichols Village?

Has anyone been married at/ booked/ attended a wedding at Nichols Village in Clarks Summit? We booked our date there and I would love any feedback/ thoughts or stand out ideas that are out there!  Also.. any thoughts on Tron or Boulevard for decor/ rentals!  Any help is appreciated! TIA!

Re: Nichols Village?

• edited December 2011
    DH and I are coming up on our 2nd anniversary. I'm originally from Clarks Summit so we looked at having our wedding at Nichols Village. We didn't end up booking with them because 1) the train tracks run right by the reception room and 2) the main room was too small for our guest list. We only invited 120 people and the room couldn't fit everyone. Some tables would have been set up around the pool.

While we didn't have our wedding there, we did have that as our primary hotel for out of towners. We had it at Scranton Country Club instead.

Our chair covers were rented from Tron and I don't have much to say about them because the CC dealt with them for us. The linens we did get from them were very nice, clean, and looked brand new.

My family has used Boulevard for renting tables and chairs and tents  for graduation parties and never had an issue with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Two friends were married there.  I thought it was lovely, as long as you are okay with the 140 max people.
    Food was good, decor was nice, open bar was nice.  They both did a cocktail hour around the pool which I would highly reccommend.
    Are you from the clarks summit area?
  • NatashaYFNatashaYF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're booked there and I love it.  Our guest list max is 75 so it's perfect for us.  The coordinator has been amazing to work with as well.  We had our tasting a few weeks ago, amazing food.  The cocktail hour is around their pool (which they close off to all other hotel guests for the entire event), they decorate it all for you including candles floating in the pool if you want.

We saw the reception room set up for a guest list of 120 and I don't think I even remember seeing a dance floor, it was so crowded.  So if you have a guest list of 100 or less, then you should be okay, anymore than 100 and you will have a tight fit.

The outside area is really pretty, they give the option to change from inside to outside up to the day before the wedding if you change your mind.  We're keeping ours inside though.

I wasn't aware of the train tracks being near the reception room but even knowing that now really isn't that big of a deal to me.  The place itself without any decorations is already beautiful, I think.

Any reception/ceremony decor they are willing to put up for you too, I want to be there and help out with mine though because I know how I want it.  We aren't using any companies for any rentals or decor so I can't help you there.

PM me if you have anymore questions! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Additionally, to all the wedding that I have been at there, you can not hear the RR tracks during any of your reception.  The only time I would think it might be slightly possible is if you were outside during the cocktail hour.  This should not sway your opinion of the place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards