Ohio-Columbus
Options

Flowers. Silk vs Real

Fiance's mom says real flowers will look better

I don't feel that there is much of a difference, silk flowers are cheaper.

What have you guys run into in regards to price wise.
-=Chesney=- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers. Silk vs Real

• Options
    edited June 2012
    We are doing silk, they are much much much cheaper and idc about flowers too much, just bouquets. 
  • Options
    I like real flowers better, but they will just die and you can sell silk ones after the wedding.
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I like real better, but silk can look really good if you get goodones. I'd price shop around honestly, look at some silk, but look at getting flowers in bulk too, you might end up with similar price points for the quality of silk flowers that you want. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It depends on the type of flower and what you plan on doing with them.  Some silks look really good, but they can actually end up costing more than real flowers, depending on the type and the brand.  Hobby Lobby and Michaels do 50% of their florals about once a money though so keep your eye out for those.

Also, if you are into DIY, you might check out buying flowers in bulk from Sam's Club.  I hear they are great quality, and waaaay cheaper.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you are into DIY (which I am assuming you are if you are looking into silks), you might want to look into Sam's Club.  I hear their quality is great, and they are waaay cheaper than a florist.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am using artificial flowers from Michael's. They are the "real touch" ones. They are almost as expensive as real flowers but they look much better than the fabric flowers IMO. Like PP said, real flowers die and they have a short shelf life. If you are doing your own flowers, artificial allows you to get stuff done ahead of time instead of waiting til the last minute.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_flowers-silk-vs-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:ba4550c7-699d-4bf3-ae5d-307011153761Post:067e2687-a84c-4f80-b55f-8e42026fc8cf">Re: Flowers. Silk vs Real</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using artificial flowers from Michael's. They are the "real touch" ones. They are almost as expensive as real flowers but they look much better than the fabric flowers IMO. Like PP said, real flowers die and they have a short shelf life.<strong> If you are doing your own flowers, artificial allows you to get stuff done ahead of time instead of waiting til the last minute.</strong>
    Posted by MrsColeman2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I totally agree with this. I am considering doing silk flowers so I can get them done ahead of time and don't hve to worry about trying to put real flowers together at the last minute. I think it will decrease my stress for the week of the wedding. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards