May 2012 Weddings
Options

Not feeling so hot after seeing this {pip}

So I really only saw myself in my dress in mirrors, and I dont recall feeling so large and in charge. I have gained a lot of weight over the past 5 years (was 107 when i met fi)
I got this messaged to me from a BM.  I literally started sobbing. I didnt feel how I look, I felt great, but now I see this and feel the total opposite! I have a completely different cut and color but I cant get over how, not to be a drama queen, but fat I look! I guess you dont realize it until you see a picture of yourself.
My fitting is march 9th, but I am wondering how much time I have to actually lose weight without pissing off my seamstress? There is no way I want to look like this in my wedding photos. I guess what im wondering is can I continue to lose weight if Ive already started the alteration process? It is a lace up dress.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not feeling so hot after seeing this {pip}

• Options
    I can relate to how you feel. I have not seen a picture of myself in my dress, but I remember my brother's wedding and looking back at the photos thinking "Oh my God." Over the past several years I have gained weight myself and I have still not gotten used to my "new" size. When I me FI I was wearing size 10, now I'm a 12 (briefly a 14). I'd like to be back to where I was before. I had every intention to lose weight since we got engaged back in August. I haven't. And at this point, I probably won't. I don't complain because I have no one to blame but myself. And I also remind myself that FI is marrying me for me, regardless of how much I weigh. It's not even about the numbers, it's more about how I feel about myself. If you want to lose weight, don't go crazy and do it for yourself and no one else. You do have some time.

And for whatever it's worth, I think you look great.
  • Options

First of all, you look great!  But to answer your questions, I absolutely think you can lose weight during alterations.  My seamstress said that was fine. 

• Options
    First of all, you are being so hard on yourself. I think your dress makes your waist look tiny (and sorry if this offends, but your boobs look awesome!). 

I also have a lace up dress and have been losing a few pounds. I told the seamstress and she made note of it. I think if you make your seamstress aware of your situation/feelings, she'll make the proper decisions. Plus, you typically have 3 fittings. The seamstress will have time to make it work.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As I posted on someone elses similar comment earlier....camera phones are the devil...dont trust any pictures that come from them to give anywhere near an accurate idea of 'fatness'. Mirrors are more true, and honestly, the dress looks good on your frame, if you want to try and lose more weight do it for you, not because of a picture.  (no offense but the picture looks like it was caught at an wierd moment to begin with...)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I am definitely my own worst critic, but I want to be confident. it was an off moment when taking the picture, I was skyping my Moh in and was caught off guard. I ordered that dress specifically because even when I was a size 2 I still had double d's and I had a heck of a time finding an accommodating dress. I am fortunate that i am tall (5'9) but all my weight goes to my face, arms and lower belly. Cant grow hips or a butt for the life of me :). The dress was clipped in the back in this picture as it was tied all the way with no gap left, I just hope when it's taken in and tied tightly I don't look like I'm malporportioned or pouring out on the top. Thanks ladies. Once again, you've managed to make me breathe and feel a wee bit better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You look amazing that dress fits you perfectly! You can definitely continue to lose weight though your alterations before your wedding if that's what you want to do.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards