North Carolina

Location Help

My Fi and I have lived in Greensboro for bout a 1yr 1/2 so we decided we want to get married in NC. My problem is I don't see anywhere in Gboro I would like to get married at.  Since I'm from NJ and his family is from MI we want anyone who's coming to be comfortable and be close to where we live and also the ceremony/reception. Where are some good venues or what city is known for nice venues ?I want  a venue thats not too far from where we live, where we can possibly have family stay there and we can be there each day family is in town . I don't want to worry about transportation for family to get anywhere.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Location Help

• Have you checked out the Grandover? Really nice.
  • I second Grandover or the O. Henry.
  • I'll try O'Henry we're so scared Grandover is gonna be too expensive lol but ill call and get some quotes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For a more modern location, the Proximity Hotel is really nice. They're owned by the same people as the O'Henry.

Kress Terrace is also a nice (rooftop) option. It's more barebones, but you can do a lot with the space.
  • There is a new place it's at the collisem. Just opened March of this year. It's called The Terrace! I had a meeting but cancelled since I booked Starmount Forest Country Club. From what I have heard it's really nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks for the help I will check into all of them.....is Starmount really expensive?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    If you are looking for something a little different from the typical hotel venue, we got married at Magnolia Manor in Colfax, a little outside of Greensboro.  You can have an outdoor ceremony, or indoor if it rains, and its a gorgeous big white house.  It holds about 150 people if you are doing buffet style, less if you are doing sit down style dinner.  There are several hotels within 10 minutes off 40/68, and convenient to the airport (about 15-20 minute drive). Several of the hotels offered shuttle service from the hotel to the venue, so that would take care of the transportation issue (we used Courtyard Marriot on 68). 

The coordinator was easy to work with and answered all my questions promptly. Here is a link to our photographers blog, you can click on Magnolia Manor on the right to see a bunch of weddings done there:  http://mccardell.blogspot.com/search/label/Magnolia%20Manor

Here is the link to the venue site: http://www.magnolia-manor.com/

Another little plus, is the building is the local headquarters for the Girl Scouts, so all your money will be going to a good cause ;) (and rates are reasonable)
  • asd2011asd2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I had the same challenge. I've lived in Greenboro for a year and although I've found a couple of places I liked, most of my family and friends will be traveling here and GSO airport does not have many direct flights and downtown is not overly exciting to me.  I kind of feel like if they're making the trip for me, I'd like them to be able to enjoy the weekend and have things to do.  Because of this, we decided to move the wedding to Charlotte.  They have alot more options, downtown is fantastic and everything to do is in walking distance, not to mention that it's a larger airport, so it's much easier for folks to get in and out of the city without layovers.  Just my two cents. :-)  Good luck!
  • thanks ladies for the advice I will definitely consider it all...I would love Charlotte since it is more to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards