Texas-Houston

Churches

Does anyone know of any Churches in downtown?  My fiance and I are not members of a church and would prefer to have the ceremony there.  Our reception is at the Crowne Plaza in Downtown.  Our other option is to have the wedding outside of houston up north and then have everyone just drive about 20 min. or so.  How would you feel about your guests traveling that far for a reception?

Re: Churches

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it for a friends wedding a few years back. They had no map to the reception location and like dumb dumbs we didn't bother to look it up. We ended up following someone who knew the way. It was a lengthy drive to the reception. It wasn't a problem but it would have been nice if maps and directions were provided.

So I think it is ok. Give people more then enough time to get to the new location. Provide map and directions to the venue from the church. That way anyone who is not familiar with the area will hopefully not get lost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think a 20 minute drive (which may actually be longer, considering traffic) is doable. I've driven longer between ceremony and reception and I didn't care.  but ditto PP, provide map and directions for your guests.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony at the University of Houston chapel which is located on the main campus right off I-45 near downtown. You can check their website for prices and such. Dates fill up somewhat fast so if you consider it I would suggest calling.

:)

http://www.uh.edu/adbruce/
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    There is a First Methodist church downtown. I don't know the requirements for getting married there if you're not a member but I'm sure there is information on their website.  Also, St. Paul's UMC is off of Main and Binz.  Those are the only two I know of off the top of my head.  Good luck.
  • mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually going to look at the UofH chapel here in a few minutes if my fiance would stop watching tv. haha  I liked what I saw from the pictures online, hopefully I will like it in person.  thanks for everyones opinions! 
  • pst726pst726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using ST. Pauls United Methodist Church and I am not a member. It is beautiful!
    So ready to marry my best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards