Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Anniversary Song

Our wedding is actually on my grandparents 54th wedding anniversary. For a surprise, we are going to have an anniversary dance right after our first dance. The problem we're running into is what song to use. For their 50th wedding anniversary dance, we used Anne Murray's 'Could I Have This Dance'. Would it be weird or repetitive to have them dance to this song again? No one in the family really knows what their first dance at their wedding was to, and it's rather difficult to find. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Anniversary Song

• how about alan jackson remember when.  love this song we are using this for anniversary  dance song.  hope this helps. 
  • You could always check out the Top 40 from the year they got married, and pick a song from that list. You may not know the actual song they danced to, but to play something that was popular that year might be nice too.  Even though I am not a country fan, the Alan Jackson song is a good suggestion too. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Remember When by Alan Jackson ABSOLUTLY!!!
  • I don't see a problem with re-using the song, I do like the idea of finding a song from the top 40 of the year they were born. So many awesome love songs came out in the 50's and 60's. Has anyone tried asking what their first song was? You could ask for "help" with picking a song, maybe grandma and grandpa will reminisce, and say remember our first song was... and then you'd know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My grandparents didn't have a "wedding song", but they remembered the first movie they ever saw together. It was an Elvis movie so we chose a song by him and they loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards