Snarky Brides
Options

I might die

I have about 10 bug bites on my feet and ankles.  As far as I can tell there was a mosquito or 50 in the bedroom last night when I was sleeping.  I sleep with my feet out and BLAMMO.  All I want to do is itch.  I don't remember how to make bug bites quit hurting without that band aid brand anti-itch stuff.  I think I might die from the itching.

I'm feeling a little dramatic.
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: I might die

• Options
    omg that sucks.

Do you live near the ocean?  That always helps to soak them in salt water.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    No salt water, but I did find sun burn lidocaine.  So far it isn't helping.  I need a more effective analgesic!
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Take a bendadryll.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Every morning, while driving to work there are 2 moquitoes in my car. It drives me nuts and sometimes I just want pull over and kill them so I  can proceed normally
  • Options
    But then I'll be knocked unceremoniously unconscious.  What cruel fate.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Yeah, but you won't itch anymore.

Seriously that's all I have for you now. Old school listerine and Bounce dryer sheets will keep them away for future references.
  • Options
    Rubbing alcohol can help dry them out. I've also heard that a cornstarch paste works well too.

I'm itching in sympathy for you...skeeters love me, and I am miserable for weeks during the summer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_might-die?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83e459c1-9cb7-4ba7-af73-013d75663a99Post:2300a7d5-117f-48e8-bb29-28fa7f23a80c">Re: I might die</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rubbing alcohol can help dry them out. I've also heard that a cornstarch paste works well too.Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

This is true too. Clear nail polish too.
  • Options
    I found some cortizone.  I think it's helping.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    You could also start drinking...then you just won't care if you itch. :)
  • Options
    If it's not better by midnight, I'll probably knock myself out benadryl style.  I hate that stuff.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Night, I am right there with you.  Went camping last weekend, and my ankles have multiple bites.  I'm so itchyyy!  WTH I used Off!  And why do mosquitos like ankles?  They're all bony.

I am not happy.
  • Options
    Oh you poor thing!  On your feet has to be the worst!  Um . . . that's all I can contribute; sorry.
  • Options
    Ugh, I know the feeling. I have this big pond in my backyard so the bugs are ALWAYS terrible. One year my entire neck was just one bumpy patch of bug bites. I really hate mosquitoes.
  • Options
    apparently toothpaste works....i cant say ive evertried it though......sorry about ur feet, i hate mosquitos with an effing passion
  • Options
    Calamine lotion, it's this chalky pink stuff that works wonders!
  • Options
    If all else fails.

Pee on it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    They're not itchy today.  I might have had to go an a rampage at Walgreens tonight if it were still itching.  That was awful.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    white vinegar works too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards