Registry and Gift Forum

Do NOT register at Sears!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a horrible experience when we registered at Sears. They were very rude in the store (which should have been our first sign to get the heck out but we didn't, unfortunately) and the 4 guests that bought items from that store had issues dealing with the staff. None of the gifts we got from Sears were taken off our registry. 2 family members went to seperate Sears stores and talked to a person, explaining the situation, and the staff refused (very rudely according to my family) to take the items off our registry. So we got duplicates of something due to the fact that Sears doesn't know how to work their own registry.
P.S. We also registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for most of our things and they have excellent customer service!
159image 122image 37image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do NOT register at Sears!

• By the sounds of it, it may be the particular Sears you went to, not all Sears stores. I personally do not have much experience at Sears, however my family (grandma specifically) loves Sears and have no complaints with anything, let alone the customer service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • edited May 2012
    It involved 3 different Sears stores and the Sears customer service phone line. It was family members from different sides of the family so it's not like everything involved one person. It also isn't about someone just shopping there, they worked personally with staff members in reguards to a registry. Since this is a board about registering I shared my experience.
    159image 122image 37image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for sharing!   I have also never really been impressed by the customer service at Sears, and we go to the MOA location in MN.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We've had several problems with Sears' online ordering, so I'm not surprised they have issues with other aspects of their technology.
    Lizzie
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    This is a problem that gets reported now and again - I usually recommend people register at Amazon for tools and home improvement items.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at Sears and it was not a great experience - staff was very unknowledgeable (it took 3 people to figure out how to set up the scanning gun). The gun randomly stopped on us twice during the registry process (I would go to scan an item and it would say "Please return the scanner to Sears staff. Thank you for registering with us!")

FI and I finally said "Enough!" and left. We'll see if there are any problems as we get closer and people look to make purchases from the registry.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_do-not-register-at-sears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:31e0be9d-f736-4f9f-8cf5-d82c781cb794Post:473a204d-ac68-4c94-91de-1d0efe27e169">Re: Do NOT register at Sears!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've had several problems with Sears' online ordering, so I'm not surprised they have issues with other aspects of their technology.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I am not surprised, OP.  I bought a gift, online, from someone's baby registry.  Believe it or not, the transaction was put into a "suspense" mode -- I received an email -- until I called customer service.  The problem?  Because my "bill to" and "send to" addreses did not match, they wanted to verify it was not a fraudulent transaction.

WTH??  Don't most people buying a gift send it to an address that is not theirs?  Oh!  When they received the gift, there was no reference to who'd sent it.  Aye, aye, aye ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards