Florida-South Florida

::Sara & Michelle::

My appointments are at The Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay, The Sonesta Coconut Groove, & The Wyndham. We already went to see The Doral Park Country Club, and it's def. one of the top contenders.

Re: ::Sara & Michelle::

• edited December 2011
    Ahhhhhh that's amazing Stephanie!!!!! Double Tree is soooo gorgeous! I remember their minimum being REALLY freaking high. Did they come down? SOnesta is so pretty, too. Isn't that where Ana got married? You should definitely talk to her about it. I don't know anything about the other two, but WOO HOO!!!!!
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The stuff that the Doubletree sent me didn't say anything about a minimum. Maybe it's not the same one, there are a few diff. locations. I hope it's not crazy high, 'cause I really like what I've seen so far.

I'm not sure where Ana got married, I'll def. have to find out, 'cause I love the stuff the Sonesta sent me.

Ummm... I came across the Wyndham doing a venue search online, and was so surprised at how affordable and pretty everything was, I figured it was worth checking out.

And FI & I checked out The Doral Park CC last wknd. and reallyyy liked it, but I'm not 100% sold on the layout.

I've narrowed it down to these four locations, and then it's time to make a choice. If we're still not sold on any of them, I'm going to be looking for a destination wedding location. I'm really enamoured with the idea of having the wedding at an old plantation. I've seen a few in the two Carolinas and Louisiana that I really like.
  • edited December 2011
    butting in. i want a destination wedding at an old plantation! and i'm coming to see sara while i'm at it. 
  • caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::butting too:: Twinkle, I'm getting married at the Doubletree and they do have a minimum. It's 8,000 for Fridays, 10 for Saturdays and I believe 6 on Sundays.
    Good luck on your search!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! That Doubletree biscayne bay is beautiful!! I'm so impressed
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taylor, I'm also gonna drop in on Sara! Lol. I've actually already researched a few plantations in the Carolinas & Louisianna in case I can't settle on something in South FLA.

Caleb: Thanks for the info. We'll see how much I like The Doubletree when I visit. Like I've said before, I seem to find something I don't like about every place I visit. It's making it realllyyy hard to make a decision!
  • edited December 2011
    stephanie that would be so cool! what an awesome destination wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards