April 2012 Weddings
Options

Sending invitations!

I was going to send them today, but there was a snowstorm here yesterday. I'll be taking them to the post office tomorrow!

So excited!

Some people have said that i'm sending them too early, but i have a lot of out of town guests. I set my RSVP for a month before the wedding, but that's only because i know i'm going to have to chase people down, and that gives me time.
Smile

Re: Sending invitations!

• Options
    Sounds perfect to me - I'm going to do the same thing. My wedding is April 21st, and I plan to send my invites out February 10th, which is 10wks before the wedding. But my RSVP date is also a month before the wedding (for the same reason as yours!) and I have a lot of out-of-town family. So we're good! Congrats to you on sending them out! I can't wait to send mine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 300 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    :)  I sent mine this past weekend - we have to give a headcount to the venue a month before the wedding, too. AND everyone is from out-of-town!  It's so great hearing from friends & family - most got it in the mail yesterday!  YIPPY!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Must be a good feeling. I just got received my invites in the mail today! So now I have to start the assembling, weighing, etc process. I think I'll be putting mine in the mail mid-Fed.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They've been stuffed and sealed for almost a week hahaha
    It's very exciting. We already hand delivered a couple to family and friends that we see often.
  • Options
    Girl!  I sent mine out yesterday for our April 14 wedding and I already had people calling me today telling me they got them and how great our invitations looked!  LOL!  The postal service sure did work fast this time!  I sent mine out early too because I know I am going to have to chase people down for RSVPs.
  • Options
    I went to the post office and sent them today!
    I can't wait to start getting RSVPs... I know i'm going to have to hunt people down. Yay.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_sending-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:71e439d3-f557-40ba-9701-b1468f6e4a30Post:c97c73e5-0dad-40f4-8664-c99e6cddb2b7">Re: Sending invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]:)  I sent mine this past weekend - we have to give a headcount to the venue a month before the wedding, too. AND everyone is from out-of-town!  It's so great hearing from friends & family - most got it in the mail yesterday!  YIPPY!!
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]

since we're date twins, i'm using this post as permission for me to send my invites tomorrow. I was going to wait until february to send them, but they're just sitting in my wedding box all ready to go. omg, now i'm nervous!!! *biting nails*
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards