New York-Hudson Valley

DJ Help

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone recommend a GREAT DJ in or near central valley,  NY?  My venue (Falkirk Estate & Country Club) recommended Much Music and DJ Victor Vargas?  Has anyone used either -- feedback on those two or any others would be appreciated.  Want someone who plays a good mix of music - has everyone up dancing all night and isn't too cheesy.

Thanks so much.

Re: DJ Help

• edited December 2011
    I recommend Strictly Entertainment DJs - Gary Whittaker  
    Dance floor was never empty.  Great MC skills and fantastic DJ / Mixer.
  • Stage101208Stage101208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gary is great. My cousin used him at her wedding. I booked him for mine in May.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Much Music with Larry Mulligan and we absolutely LOVED him! He was wonderful and easy to work with. Super organized. Really takes pride in his work. He kept the music and dance floor going all night.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine just got married last weekend & used Victor Vargas & LOVED HIM!! The dancefloor was packed all night...

We originally wanted to use Gary Whittaker from Strictly Entertainment for our wedding, but we put off booking him too long & he ended up booking a different event for the date of our wedding. 

Since Strictly Entertainment was already booked, we decided to go with DJ Octavius.  We have been to quite a few weddings & events that he has DJ-ed & we really liked him.  He has a great personality & had everyone (from the little kids to teenagers to grandparents) dancing... Our wedding isn't until July 2011, but we have been happy working with him thus far.
    Maggie & Lucas
    July 15, 2011
    Visit HudsonValley.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Victor Vargas as well as another couple that we know. . . . we have only heard great reviews and such a nice guy when we met him too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jamie from Dance Time Entertainment
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am working with "The DJ Company" out of Nyack and love them!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great feedback.  : )
  • edited December 2011
    We used Victor Vargas and he was absolutly amazing,like pp said he had everyone up all night long.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:7b63268c-7d4d-45f1-8ff6-8602fd5df631Post:c4ca9ba0-ef93-44ea-a5de-bb0aa0809796">Re: DJ Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working with "The DJ Company" out of Nyack and love them!
    Posted by tsteger[/QUOTE]

Same here. These guys are great. I recommended them to a coworker who also booked them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards