Florida-West Coast
Options

Color Scheme Advice

Hello,

I just wanted to officially say hello. I am recently engaged and have been lurking for the past few weeks. Then when I was finally ready to post, I realized I had my full last name as my username. So here I am with my newly created profile.

I am having difficulty envisioning a color scheme. What colors is everyone using? What is the best way to brainstorm and decide on colors for the wedding? I am especially having trouble with the BM dresses. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color Scheme Advice

• Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose mine with my FI I knew I wanted fuchsia (hot pink) and togehter we added expresso and jade (brn and grn) my moh is wearing jade, my bms chocolate. The men are in chocolate pants with jade ties. We are tying all the colors in with our garden ceremony and indoor laid back beach reception theme
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a beach wedding and decided to use pink orange and green :) Mainly pink and orange though!! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the rusty pelican and our colors at fuchsia and black. My BM dresses are black with fuchsia flowers. I think black is very classy and elegant which was what I wanted to go for :)
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having a beach wedding, too, and went with a blue and clover green for Feb. Our BM dresses are a pool color -- an ocean blue. If you're really stuck, I'd make an appointment with a florist or two to sort out color combinations in flowers that grab you; then get advice on what would go with the flower arrangements from her.  Definitely pick the experts' brains -- they're GREAT at that! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Piston89Piston89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using deep purple and orange. I just knew I wanted the colors and hubs doesnt care lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I had thought I wanted like a dark purple with silver accents. I fell in love with an orange and yellow boquet on here and then I wasn't too sure about the purple. I'm not the bravest or most creative when it comes to colors. I tend to be bland. Every color I see looks good to me!

I think going to the florist is a great idea. Thank you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome to hear. You'd be surprised what looks beautiful together -- or what they can make work! They're geniuses! Enjoy!!:):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having orange and apple green.  We basically chose them because they are our favorite colors and they work well with our March 24th wedding date.  Good luck in choosing!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing emerald green with ivory and lavender accents. Go with your gut and don't be afriad to try things together to see how they look. A lot of times you realize everything you like is in similar colors rather than deciding ahead of time.
    image 110 Invited
    image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
    RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
    Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we wanted romantic vintage elegance so we went for champagne, blush, and ivory. My bms are wearing champagne and carrying blush bouqets
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing black, purple and silver. My bm's and gm's are wearing gray dresses and carrying lilac bouquets
  • Options
    mrscuttertobemrscuttertobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a black and white wedding with lavender flowers and floral arrangmemts for a color accent. My BM's are wearing black dresses and the GM's are wearing all black shirts/suits with lavender ties and corsages. I was all over the place with what colors I wanted to use but undecided to make it easy on myself and choose a black and white theme with some color in the flowers since it's elegant and classy and will look great. Good luck!
  • Options
    jennh516jennh516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a peaches and cream color scheme. It's ivory, peach, and soft pink. It's gorgeous and subtle at the same time.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards