DC
Options

Flowers and Up lighting

mitchells01mitchells01 member
First Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for florists who do a fabulous job with reasonable prices.  In addition I am looking for a vendor who does up lighting.  I have already looked at DaVincci Florist in Silver Spring and scheduled a consultation with them.  However, I think their prices may be a little on the high end.  Please give recommendations of folrists thatyou all used or would recommend.  Thanks.

Re: Flowers and Up lighting

• Options
    C&VTC&VT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_flowers-up-lighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:a89f007c-d14b-4975-bb6f-f731ba88f500Post:6f7a624b-4b0b-44d0-9a04-94157796b85e">Flowers and Up lighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Everyone, I am looking for florists who do a fabulous job with reasonable prices.  In addition I am looking for a vendor who does up lighting.  I have already looked at DaVincci Florist in Silver Spring and scheduled a consultation with them.  However, I think their prices may be a little on the high end.  Please give recommendations of folrists thatyou all used or would recommend.  Thanks.
    Posted by mitchells01[/QUOTE]

Please check out JMorris Flowers in Leesburg.
    Maybe a bit far out for some inside the Beltway but we were from Richmond & came up to meet with her because we really liked her work & pricing.

She made our venue popped with colors.

Here are her reviews:
    <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/morris-flowers-leesburg/1c7e7fb592b315a9.html">http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/morris-flowers-leesburg/1c7e7fb592b315a9.html</a>
  • Options
    iggles09iggles09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Swank AV for up lighting. My reception is at the Bethesda Hyatt and they are the main lighting company for the Hyatt. The quote the gave me was almost 1/3 the cost of that from Davinci!!!

For flowers - I am using A bloom affair. Prices are extremely reasonable!  However, because they charge so little, they do not do free trials but they will do samples for a fee. A bloom affair wanted close to 5000 for what I am getting from them around 2000!

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mitchells01mitchells01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I wonder if Swank is cheaper because you are using a venue that they already do business with?  Im gonna check them out and see what I come up with.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_flowers-up-lighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:a89f007c-d14b-4975-bb6f-f731ba88f500Post:17c73b13-3c78-440c-9d01-fd23fd79474c">Re: Flowers and Up lighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working with Swank AV for up lighting. My reception is at the Bethesda Hyatt and they are the main lighting company for the Hyatt. The quote the gave me was almost 1/3 the cost of that from Davinci!!! For flowers - I am using A bloom affair. Prices are extremely reasonable!  However, because they charge so little, they do not do free trials but they will do samples for a fee. <strong>A bloom affair wanted close to 5000 for what I am getting from them around 2000!</strong> Good luck!
    Posted by iggles09[/QUOTE]

I'm a little confused.  A bloom affair wanted $5K??  or $2K?
  • Options
    kdecknickdecknic member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using Blooming Spaces in Sterling, so far that's the most reasonable priced place I"ve been able to find. Kathleen (the owner) is great and willing to work with your budget. She gave me 3 options for everything at a high, mid, and low price which was different than everyone else I met with.

For the uplighting. My DJ actually does uplighting too and we are using Musical DJs, we are doing uplighting, a lit monogram, and the DJ service and they gave us an amazing price. They're also  great to work with.

• Options
    LMillettLMillett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi...I am using Uplyte for my wedding next weekend. They are doing up lights, draping and decor. They are AWESOME!! They have excellent customer service, good prices and really creative ideas. They work nationally and have no problem travelling for events. Highly recommended! Uplyte.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards