July 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Gift Question

Hi everyone! We just got our first "declines with regrets" RSVP and a check made out to "Alison and Jeff (FI's Last Name)". Would you cash the check now and send a Thank You or wait to cash it in July and then send a wedding Thank You? I think checks are good for 60 days correct? TIA!! 
imageAnniversary

Re: Wedding Gift Question

• Options
    Cash it now so the amount is not outstanding in the other person's account.  I hate when people take forever to cash checks that I write.

If anything happens, you can always return the money.
  • Options
    I've heard you should cash it now and send a thank you note rather than waiting after the wedding.
  • Options
    Cash it and write a thank you note now. Don't spend it until after the wedding.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to Re:Wedding Gift Question:[QUOTE]Cash it and write a thank you note now. Don't spend it until after the wedding. Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

This exactly!! no spending until after wedding
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. When I told my mom she said we would have to cash it after the wedding, but then she thought my FI could try to deposit it since the check has his name it.  I guess we'll see what happens! 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Depending on your bank, they may not let him deposit or cash the check since it's made to two people...unless y'all are on each other's account.  Some will allow him to cash off his account if BOTH parties are present.  Other's may give you a hard time since it's not your name yet and your ID doesn't match.  

The word AND can be a big deal in the banking world.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards