Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Inner envelopes? Address labels?

I already ordered my invitations and I didn't get inner envelopes.  I never thought that was a part of the invitation and it seems kind of wasteful to me.  Does it really matter if I put address labels on the envelope?  People just throw that away anyway.  I can't afford a caligrapher and I know I can't write that neatly.  I was just wondering if people thought all of this ettiquette stuff was really necessary?

Re: Inner envelopes? Address labels?

• Options
    People do save envelopes, especially other brides who keep a scrapbook to get ideas for their own weddings.  I too think inner envelopes are a waste.  Instead of using labels, why don't you just choose a pretty font and run your envelopes through a printer?  When getting ready to print, in printing preferences under Paper Options, select Matte Paper - Heavyweight to help the envelopes feed through easily.
  • Options
    Thank you!  Putting each envelope through the printer is a great alternative.  I never thought this stuff could be so complicated!
  • Options
    Yes, etiquette is ALWAYS necessary. Especially for your wedding!

It would be acceptible to print directly on the envelope. Well, not totally acceptible, but people will turn a blind eye to it. Labels, not so much.

You can also look at kinkos and see what they'd charge to print envelopes.

Inner envelopes are not necesary, unless your wedding is very formal or traditional. Just write who the invitation is addressed to on the outer envelope.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    The other thing that some people do is print out what they want on the envelope, get a calligraphy pen, and trace it onto the envelope by hand.  If your envelopes are light enough to see through, you might give this a shot. 

I have no issues with printing on the envelopes, though.  I did that for our STDs.  For the invites, since we have black envelopes I'm doing wraparound labels.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I'm having my addresses printed on the envelopes.  I got a quote of $60 to address 100 invitations with flat print or $71 to address them with raised print.  Does this seem like a good price to people?

Also, an online option to have your envelopes (and invitations) printed is http://inkspun.com/index.htm. Looks like a good option if you have faith in the postal system!
  • Options
    can i ask how your are doing the labels?  I have black envelopes as well and now I just want to burn them!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_inner-envelopes-address-labels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:92e48dd0-b57a-4a26-99d9-bf3b28478444Post:ce9b62c6-7ccf-4c42-940b-186847172e23">Re: Inner envelopes? Address labels?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other thing that some people do is print out what they want on the envelope, get a calligraphy pen, and trace it onto the envelope by hand.  If your envelopes are light enough to see through, you might give this a shot.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

I did this and it turned out awesome.

<a href="http://brideonbudget.blogspot.com/2010/01/diy-invitation-calligraphy.html" rel="nofollow">http://brideonbudget.blogspot.com/2010/01/diy-invitation-calligraphy.html</a>
  • Options
    you can buy avery labels (i think size 5160) and it tell you how to format microsoft word to write on each label.  sorry about your black envelopes!  they would probably look cool if you used silver or gold ink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards