Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Hymns/Music Suggestions Needed

We're having a traditional full service (with communion) for our ceremony.  I'm meeting with our organist this evening to finalize the hymns, preludes, and processional/recessional.  I could really use some hymn suggestions.  I have 3 picked out but he suggested I bring 6-8 suggestions.  I also am not sure what to use for preludes.  The only one I'm set on is "Ave Maria".  As for what the moms and maids will be walking down the aisle to?  Yeah...no idea.

Suggestions would be great!  Thanks!!
Anniversary

Re: Hymns/Music Suggestions Needed

• Options
    Our bridesmaids walked in to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.
    I walked down the aisle to Canon in D.
    We used The Prayer during the Presentation of the Gifts.
    For communion, we used The Swan and Clair de Lune
    Our recessional was Trumpet Voluntary

All were played on a piano except Trumpet Voluntary, which was played on the organ.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've always been a fan of Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee.  I also really like all the songs kristenanddan mentioned.

This isn't a hymn but I really like "Rigoudon" by Campra for a processional.
  • Options

When you meet with your organist, you should have him play you some sample pieces for your processionals an recessional and choose from those.  I'm sure that he'll have some good suggestions based on past weddings he's performed. 

As for prelude music, leave that part up to him.  I'm sure he has plenty of appropriate music in his repertoire that he can choose from.  Typically ceremony musicians (myself included) prefer to select the prelude music and choose something in the same vein as the ceremony music.

You only need one hymn, I assume, so your three choices should be plenty.  However, here are some ideas if you need more:

* Be Thou My Vision
    * Morning Has Broken
    * For the Beauty of the Earth
    * Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
    * All Things Bright and Beautiful

• Options
    I almost forgot... Scroll down this web page and click the underlined links to hear organ samples of processionals, recessionals, and hymns:

http://www.stclementchurch.org/worship/sacraments/weddings/music.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards