Christian Weddings

Prayer Circle

I just heard the coolest idea and thought this would be the best place to share it!

A bride on another board is actually having a prayer circle before her wedding.  She is inviting the women nearest and dearest and making cute little invitations to go with it, to sit and pray for her marriage.  It seems like it will be about an hour befor her wedding ceremony.  I thought this was an interesting idea that I may try to incorporate into my wedding day somehow!  If we can't make time for prayer - what can we make time for!Cool
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Prayer Circle

• edited December 2011
    every Christian wedding I have been to has had this before hand, the bride prays with the women close to her, the groom with his men. I dont understand why you need invitations, Prayer should be the natural impulse, I would be weirded out that I needed to be invited, like the prayer was a party. But thats just me, not everyone might feel that way.
    Although now that I think about it, my fam is not religeous, so I may need some invites to get it started, although I know FMIL will start something, that woman prays like breathing. :)

• edited December 2011
    All the BMs, mine and FI's mothers and grandmorthers, my FG and her mother, and I are going to do this. It won't  be quite that close to the ceremony. We're taking pictures before the ceremony, and I don't know how long that will take, so we're doing our prayer circle before pictures. :) It wouldn't surprise me if our photographer joins in; she goes to my church. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards