Texas-Austin

How long to wait for venue to contact you?

Hi all!  How long would you wait for a potential venue to contact you after both e mailing and calling/leaving a message? 
Im usually really laid back, so i sort of feel like a brat for being annoyed that i cant just get a simple price point for a venue Im really interested in.

I guess It wouldnt hurt to ask yall,
Does anyone have any price points for Reunion Ranch? Or any reviews anyone can offer, wether youve been to a wedding there or had one yourself?  Ive read good things but only from 2 reviews.  I cant seem to find much else on the place.  Im aiming for october 2013.
We're looking for a rustic venue that we could do both the wedding and reception at, that includes food, set up, decorations.  Basically an all-inclusive type place.  It's just the Fiance and I planning the wedding and to be quiet honest neither of us have any experience.  So all inclusive seems to be the easiest.  We're also on a pretty tight budget.
We did look into chapel dulcinea and I fell in love with the place, but tuscan hall is pretty pricey, it sort of  makes the free chapel not even worth it.
Any info you can give on Reunion Ranch or any similar place would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

...Sorry this post is kind of everywhere.  Im starting to get overwhelmed lol

Re: How long to wait for venue to contact you?

• Most of the venues I contacted got back to me that day or the next. Keep in mind some of them are closed on Mondays since they work all weekend on weddings.
    I've been to receptions at Reunion Ranch and it was really nice--definitely rustic, plenty of parking and a good-sized dance floor. I know nothing about their pricing, though. Maybe try calling them again today.

Another one you might want to look into is Kindred Oaks. It's also in Georgetown, and they list a little bit of their pricing on their website. My cousin got married there, and while I don't know her budget, I know that she and her husband paid for much of it themselves, so I'd imagine it's moderately priced. It seems like they do a lot for you there, and it was really pretty. The only complaint I heard from my family was the dance floor- it's a wood deck so not exactly heel-friendly :) But we managed just fine.

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_reunion-ranch-costreviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:9586b937-fa28-443c-a82c-d79e705978a3Post:22c27a0e-3424-41e6-b173-550232ece39d">Re: How long to wait for venue to contact you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of the venues I contacted got back to me that day or the next. Keep in mind some of them are closed on Mondays since they work all weekend on weddings. I've been to receptions at Reunion Ranch and it was really nice--definitely rustic, plenty of parking and a good-sized dance floor. I know nothing about their pricing, though. Maybe try calling them again today. Another one you might want to look into is Kindred Oaks. It's also in Georgetown, and they list a little bit of their pricing on their website. My cousin got married there, and while I don't know her budget, I know that she and her husband paid for much of it themselves, so I'd imagine it's moderately priced. It seems like they do a lot for you there, and it was really pretty. The only complaint I heard from my family was the dance floor- it's a wood deck so not exactly heel-friendly :) But we managed just fine. Good luck!
    Posted by lpick21[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey there,</div><div>
    </div><div>I am a certified wedding planner here in Austin, and a venue should respond to a potential client within 72 hours. If you have not heard back from them, that may be a sign of how responsive they will be during the planning process. Keep that in mind with all the vendors that you choose. Having a wedding planner is always helpful with these types of things and wedding planners usually know the prices for most venues and vendors so you don't have to contact them directly. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly or through our website and I'll be happy to help. </div><div>
    </div><div>Crissalane</div><div>Crissalane@Dischevents.com</div><div><a href="http://www.DischEvents.com" rel="nofollow">www.DischEvents.com</a></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_reunion-ranch-costreviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:9586b937-fa28-443c-a82c-d79e705978a3Post:22c27a0e-3424-41e6-b173-550232ece39d">Re: How long to wait for venue to contact you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of the venues I contacted got back to me that day or the next. Keep in mind some of them are closed on Mondays since they work all weekend on weddings. I've been to receptions at Reunion Ranch and it was really nice--definitely rustic, plenty of parking and a good-sized dance floor. I know nothing about their pricing, though. Maybe try calling them again today. Another one you might want to look into is Kindred Oaks. It's also in Georgetown, and they list a little bit of their pricing on their website. My cousin got married there, and while I don't know her budget, I know that she and her husband paid for much of it themselves, so I'd imagine it's moderately priced. It seems like they do a lot for you there, and it was really pretty. The only complaint I heard from my family was the dance floor- it's a wood deck so not exactly heel-friendly :) But we managed just fine. Good luck!
    Posted by lpick21[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey there,</div><div>
    </div><div>I am a certified wedding planner here in Austin, and a venue should respond to a potential client within 72 hours. If you have not heard back from them, that may be a sign of how responsive they will be during the planning process. Keep that in mind with all the vendors that you choose. Having a wedding planner is always helpful with these types of things and wedding planners usually know the prices for most venues and vendors so you don't have to contact them directly. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly or through our website and I'll be happy to help. </div><div>
    </div><div>Crissalane</div><div>Crissalane@Dischevents.com</div><div><a href="http://www.DischEvents.com" rel="nofollow">www.DischEvents.com</a></div>
  • Sorry, but I thought vendors could not post on this website?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards