Ohio-Cincinnati

Dress Help

Ok so I am a plus size bride and I have started looking for dresses. I went to Bridal and Formal  this past weekend and tried on several dresses. I found 4 that I liked but I never got that "this is the one" feeling. Should I continue to keep looking or not. It's just so hard not being a traditional "sample" size. Also where else would be a good place to look if I am to continue my search?

Re: Dress Help

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you didnt fall in love with any dresses, then I definitely think you should continue to look! There are plenty of places, you just have to be patient. Did you check out the other places in the Reading Bridal District? There is a huge store in Dayton that I recommend, they have great prices too. Its in Centerville and its called Bridal-N-Tux. Lillians is also a great place to look. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I second Bridal and Tux. Every one of their dresses is available in plus sizes. Check out their webiste:  romanticgowns.com
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was a plus sized bride.  I first went to David's.  I just wanted to get an idea of what type of gown looked good on my body type.  I found one I liked, but it wasn't right.  I then went to B&F and already had the general style in mind.  It was completely different than what I had originally thought before trying them on.

You will find it!  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm not plus sized, but i noticed that madison avenue bridal in covington had a good amount of plus size gowns.

i bought my dress across the street at fabulous bridal. great customer service. sorry, i'm not sure how many plus size dresses they have. maybe you can call ahead and ask?
  • andrea4111andrea4111 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to several places to look at plus size dresses. Bridal and Formal had a lot to try on which was great but I too didn't find my dress there. I ended up at Fabulous Bridal and while they didn't have as many as Bridal and Formal I did end up finding my dress there and the customer service was amazing! Elizabeth was my consultant. I also looked at Altarbound in Dayton and they had several. I hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards