California-Northern
Options

SACRAMENTO BUDGET/DIY BRIDES

SAC BRIDES DOING IT YOURSELF/ON A BUDGET, WHERE ARE YOU SHOPPING, WHAT VENDORS ARE YOU USING, AND HOW IS IT C0MMING ALONG??? IM A SAC BRIDE ON A BUDGET AND DOING A LOT ON MY OWN, AND I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!! ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR JUST ABOUT ANY ASPECT OF THE WEDDING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIEATED!!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: SACRAMENTO BUDGET/DIY BRIDES

• Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for DIY projects I'm buying supplies at walmart or using Michaels/Joanns coupons.  What vendors do you stil need?  I live in SAc, but I'm getting married up North, closer to Placerville.  My florist is awesome and very reasonably priced.  So is my DJ. I went with a more expensive photographer because I figured that would be the only thing left at the end of the day  We also rented bm's dresses - for around $50! and they also do bridal gowns and accessories for under $300.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just for future refrence TYPING IN ALL CAPS indicates yelling, and it's obnoxious to read.

As to your question.

I DIYed my centerpeices, STDs and Invites. I also saved money by toning down the decor for the ceremony. My biggest expense was our caterer, and while we absolutely love love love her food, its really expensive. We're also serving pizza and beer for our rehersal dinner to keep it low key and save money. Somethings that the wedding industry pushes are just ridiculous, avoid those and you'll save.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SORRY TO HAVE POSSIBLY ANNOYED YOU, BUT TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO ME IS NOT A BIG DEAL, OR ANYTHING I CONSIDER TO BE "OBONOXIOUS" SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT. I DON'T TAKE MESSAGE BOARDS AS SERIOUS AS SOME, SO I THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT, BUT I DON'T THANK YOU FOR THE UNWANTED OPINION ;)
  • Options
    jojolinajojolina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP-I planned my wedding on a pretty reasonable budget.  I might be able to give you some ideas if you tell me what you still need.  Have you booked a venue?  How many guests will you be having?  What time and day of the week is your wedding? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards