Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding songs

What songs have you or are you going to use in your wedding that are not traditional?

For example for our Prelude we are going to use Elvis "Can't help falling in love"

I know we have time to think about this, however me boy is leaving in a few months and won't be back probably until next May and we are looking for some ideas.

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Wedding songs

• Well I was going to use "We are man and wife" for my prelude, but I LOVE Elvis, so I just stole your idea. THANKS! LOL 

GREAT song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that even though your FI is leaving your area, you can both still listen to music and talk about what you've heard, you know.  =)

Can't help falling in love is a classically wonderful piece!  I'd use it~if not in your ceremony, it's a great first dance song.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I know Trix, however we don't know how much or how often we will be able to talk to each other.  And NP shoegal, I love Elvis too! :0)
    Anniversary
  • I envy you that you can have Elvis as a prelude. We are required to use "traditional" songs during the ceremony, as dictated by the chuch. Do what is representative of you as a couple and if Elvis is that..then right on!
  • Because I'm getting married in a Catholic Church, I most likely won't be able to use non-traditional music in the ceremony... but my friend did!!  All the non-traditional music was instrumental.  I cantored the ceremony and she had her friend play the guitar. 

He played: Rainbow Connection, I've Just Seen a Face (The Beatles), Here, There, Everywhere (The Beatles), Over the Rainbow, and I forget the last one all before the ceremony. Her prelude was I Will by The Beatles (can you tell she likes The Beatles?) and her recessional song was "Let My Love Open the Door" by Pete Townsend.  It was awesome.  During the actual ceremony, it was all traditional. 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I'm probably going to try and get our guitarist (the ceremony musician...that we still need to find) to play a slower version of Phil Vassar's "Love is a Beautiful Thing" which is ALL about people/families coming together for a wedding.  
    Some lyrics: "So let the angels gather
    Let the music play
    Let the preacher get to preachin’ all the “do you take”‘s
    Love is a beautiful thing"
  • Love the Phil Vassar idea! That is a great song!
  • mregelmregel member
    First Comment
    I'm walking down the aisle to de Bussy's Claire de lune. And I can't wait. I actually HATE the wedding march song. I think it sounds harsh. And its entirely way overused, and only traditional recently :) I'm ALL for choosing your own song that means a lot to you. And Claire de Lune is simply beautiful, and I love piano music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards