Canada-Ontario

Unique Reception Venue-GTA?

Hi fellow Canadians :)

I've been looking ALL OVER for a reception venue that's NOT a banquet hall, but holds about 180 guests. My church is in Mississauga, so something that's not a terribly far drive would be wonderful.

Does anyone know of any places that aren't your average reception venue?

Thanks a lot everyone!! :D

Re: Unique Reception Venue-GTA?

• mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pavillion Royale, Living Arts Centre...both are in mississauga.  Hockley Valley resort?  try eventsource.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the Steam Whistle Brewery.  I think if you find a great decorator.. you can make anything into something awesome!  I think the neat thing with being downtown will give us lots of time to go out and get some great pictures beforehand.

You should also check out some places in the Distillery District.  So many cool venues!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alice81410Alice81410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Capitol Event Theatre...it's an old theatre at Yonge/Eglinton that's used now for weddings, fundraisers, corporate functions, etc.
  • Lizzy246Lizzy246 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're in the EXACT same boat - we've checked out the Steamwhistle Brewery, The Kortright Centre, Royal Botanical Gardens and Fantasy Farm. Steamwhistle seems like it might be the priciest of the lot.

Have you gone to see any potential venues yet? When's the date?
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked up the Eglinton Grand?  It is located at Eglinton and Aveune Road, not too far from the Allen so it is pretty easy to get to from Mississauga.  I was torn between there and a hall in Mississauga, and just couldn't make a date work with both my church and the Grand.  It is amazing - you can do so much with it and the old screen is still up so you can even have them playing old black and white movies for background at your wedding.  It is very reasonable - prices starting at under $100 per person. 
    My fiance and I were in love with this place, but just couldn't make it work. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is at Geraldo's at LaSalle park, it's in Burlington.
  • taylorbeataylorbea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked the Berekley Church-- it is an In-active chruch- meaning it has all the beauty but no denomination or anything- so beautiful, great food, and good price!
  • edited December 2011
    Not too too many people know this, but large portions of the ROM, the AGO, the Science Centre, etc can be rented out as venues
  • irishkatie80irishkatie80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I had the same mentality: NO banquet halls. So we checked out the Capitol Event Theatre, Palais Royale on Lakeshore, Design Exchange (which is the old Toronto Stock Exchange building), The Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery District, and the Eglinton Grand. They were all fabulous spaces, but we settled on the Grand because it is so classic and we're huge movie buffs! LOL

imageimage

Married: November 24 & 25, 2010 in Costa Rica

My Planning Bio - updated 11.14.10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The newly renovated main foyer of the Royal Conservatory of music is available for wedding receptions.

I've been to the Berkeley Church for a formal - it was beautiful!

A friend had her reception at the Grand too - they had big movie posters of themselves outside and it really had a movie star feel to it!
  • partygirl98partygirl98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booked up for Hockley...Definitely not your typcial place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards