Connecticut
Options

Ceremony musicians to reception?

Hi!  I haven't really thought about this when I decide last minute to hire ceremony musicians.  Should they be counted as part of the reception?  They won't be performing at the reception but since they're Hart School students I assume they live in central CT and it's kinda waste of time to drive here and then back for a 30 min ceremony lol  I think as a host it might courteous to invite them to the reception no?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony musicians to reception?

• Options
    ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not inviting mine to the reception, but I am having mine play at the cocktail hour as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited ours to the reception.  Some accepted and some declined.  They played our ceremony and for part of the cocktail hour.  Our ceremony was at the same location at the reception, so I think it would have been weird not to invite them, but even if that wasn't the case, I would have extended an invitation.

I'm not sure what exact etiquette says about this though.  I do think it's a nice courtesy though even if it's not necessary. (We did have a great caterer though that didn't charge us an arm and a leg for feeding our vendors.  They got the same meal as everyone else, but if I remember correctly we weren't charged extra for them eating.  We had a buffet though).
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!

Yea I figure to just invite them and let them decide if they would like to join us for the reception.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been a ceremony musician and I have been both invited and not invited.  Especially if they are students, I am sure they would rather have a large tip with the money you would spend on them coming to the reception than attend your wedding.  That's just me though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards