Delaware

Wedding cake?

Hey guys,

Any recs on bakeries near Newark, DE?  Something reasonably prices?  I want a pretty wedding cake, but will then use sheet cake to serve all the guests.  Any recs greatly appreciated!!  

These boards are awesome -- thanks to all you lovely ladies, I have my videographer and wedding day of coordinator all booked!  :)

Re: Wedding cake?

• We are getting our cake from bing's bakery on main street. I've also heard good things about cannon's, even though my friend had a terrible experience with them. I'm not sure of pricing, but cakes by Kim is delicious, and they make custom cakes. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We used Liz Marden. Her bakery is in Kennett Square but it was only about 15 minutes from Pike Creek. She was awesome. So great to work with and the cakes were so good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My wedding cake was from Desserts by Dana. Their prices are fair and they will do sheet cakes. My wedding cake and grooms cake were from there and they were delicious! My bridal shower cake was from sweets to you by ginger and it was awesome too!
  • Ours is Sweets By Ginger.  Liz Marden is great, too, but a little more expensive.  Sweets by Ginger isn't the cheapest, but her base price includes a filling and as many flavors as you want - a lot of places I looked at charged extra for those things.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Bee's Sweet Shoppe.  She's in Abington PA but will deliver.  She delivered to New Castle for me, and our cake was amazeballs.  She doesn't have a website, just a FB page. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I used Cannon's and i'd recommend them to ANYONE. They were fantastic, everyone loved the cake, and the price was fantastic compared to everyone else I checked with. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had Sweets to You by Ginger for my wedding cake and they did an amazing job...we didn't do the sheet cake thing because of the cake design I wanted, but our cake was delicious!  We also had a cake from Desserts by Dana for our rehearsal dinner that was delicious.  
  • edited June 2012
    UDErin!! Hey girl!! 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Hey RA! Good...how's married life?
  • So far so good, lol. Not too much is different for us, because Gzilla and I lived together for 4 years before getting engaged. We're coming up on our year anniversary in 2 weeks.  It's very surreal. 

How about you?? You look GORG in your pictures!

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • <div>Contact Prestige Event Management, at their bridal show they had two cake vendors with scrumtious desserts :-).... <a href="http://www.prestigeeventmgmt.com" rel="nofollow">www.prestigeeventmgmt.com</a> or 302.235.3864.</div><div>-----------------------------</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_wedding-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:c27ba45c-77e3-4d2a-a9f4-a78c4972ed59Post:15ac9929-b7a1-41ce-b5a5-8ac656bc2ffd">Wedding cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, Any recs on bakeries near Newark, DE?  Something reasonably prices?  I want a pretty wedding cake, but will then use sheet cake to serve all the guests.  Any recs greatly appreciated!!   These boards are awesome -- thanks to all you lovely ladies, I have my videographer and wedding day of coordinator all booked!  :)
    Posted by EGEV81[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards