Hawaii
Options

Week 2 - No Wedding Planning - UGH

So I had yet another of my meltdowns a couple of weeks ago.....you girls are familiar with them by now lol.  This was a bad one.  We were nearly ready to call off the whole thing and wished we had never told anybody we were getting married.  We literally didn't even discuss the wedding in any form for a whole week, then went out to dinner last Thursday and discussed how we both needed to pull it together (wasn't just me this time lol)  On Saturday, FI started talking to the jeweler about designing rings....yes, we're going with rings afterall (No doubt in my mind we are both officially nuts LOL, match made in heaven lol) and that has literally been the only things we've done.  The WC sends e-mails, I ignore lol.  The manager at the restaurant where we are having the reception sends me e-mails....I ignore. lol  I've gone to communicating with these people 4 or more times a week to ignoring them.  Either they realize I've had a meltdown or the are unsure what is going on lol.  My target date of Feb. 10 to get invitations out is now March 10.  My MOH keeps calling and asking what's next.  My local friend lectured me Sunday because she's trying to plan the bachlorette party and it's pretty obvious I'm in a funk and not together at the moment.

So once again I ask....do the rest of you totally get to the fed up point as well?  Because that's definitely where I am right now.  And How I'm still laughing about all of this I will never know lol

Re: Week 2 - No Wedding Planning - UGH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hang in there!  just focus on what's truly important to you and fi.  a week before my wedding i was wishing we just eloped.  i was pulling all-nighters and breaking out in stress-hives.  it was ugly.  on the day of, i just stopped worrying.  everything went well, and looking back, we are so happy with the way things turned out.  my advice would be to breathe and take things one step at a time.  sorry i can't be of more help :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh no! hang in there.  I understand where you are coming from.  i'm having a couple of lack luster weeks of wedding nothingness :(.  I'm sure you'll get out of it and you just need to take a breather...it's okay if things get pushed back...just try to do what is important to you and take it step by step.

ooooh designing wedding rings? how neat! :) pics pics pics :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's totally fine, sometimes you just need to take a break from it all, thats where I am right now, I havent thoght about my wedding in weeks, Im just too busy. But, I think that happens to almost everyone. But just try not to get overwelmed with everything at once, maybe try and set little goals or make a schedule of what you are going to plan/work on each week about the wedding, that way you can only tackle on thing at a time, and have spare time to just breath. HTH!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards