September 2013 Weddings
Options

MM again...

Here we are again...Monday...

What are your plans for the week?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MM again...

• Options
    This week I have GOT to get the outside of my house looking better.  It has been so flippin hot my flowers are dead and the weeds are taken over.  I also started a project (turning a dresser into a TV stand)  It is a lil harder then I thought it would be and I want to try to get it done before the weekend.  I have way to many things started and need to finish at least one...lol

The weekend ahead is going to be another crazy one.  Got two Birthday parties, I am doing a 31 party at a fair and then family picnic with FI's family Sunday. 

Wedding planning is still on the back burner for now...but I have been getting ideas...
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker

We have been going at 110mph so this week we are staying in mostly and doing all of the sucky things like cleaning and laundry.

My mom and I randomly stopped at a dress shop this weekend that we didn't need an appointment to try on dresses and I found my dress!!!!!!!  I am extremely excited! (I found several I really liked at other stores but when i put on this one I KNEW it was MINE!)  I can't freaking wait for this year to go by!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI has a honey-do list for the outside of our house.  The front is looking a little beat (record heat, bright sun and very little rain), and he also needs to rent a sod cutter and level out the backyard for our pool.  So, part of my duties this week will be keeping him motivated after work.

I have several Pinterest projects lined up - a Shabby Chic "window" frame, river rock placemats and small chalkboards for the kitchen just to name a few- that I need to get started.  Our nephew's birthday party is on Saturday, and all day Sunday will be spent canning tomato products.  Yeah, I'm a hippie lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:8dad4ad5-a1af-4885-bee1-3985ef6441e0">Re: MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom and I randomly stopped at a dress shop this weekend that we didn't need an appointment to try on dresses and I found my dress!!!!!!!  I am extremely excited! (I found several I really liked at other stores but when i put on this one I KNEW it was MINE!)  I can't freaking wait for this year to go by!
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

Congrats on finding your dress!  I can't wait to go in September.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options
    I'm headed on a short vacation next week so I have to get ready for that.  I also need to do massive piles of laundry and clean up.

I finally printed out my wedding worksheets so I have to fill out a bunch of them this week.  I have to figure some stuff out with my photographer (regarding the contract we're close to signing).  I'm also going to try to get a bit further in our videographer search.
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    This week I'm going to start preparing for the upcoming semester which means I actually have to go sit in my office for a few hours. Im sure while I'm there I'll be looking at wedding stuff on pinterest, weddingbee and any other DIY sight. I have an idea of how I want my card box, ring bearer pillows and flower girl baskets to look. Now I only have to find what I'm looking for
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Back to the diet and gym fitness!  The weekends I ease up on it and relax.  Now back to biz.  Had a protein shake and veggies for breakfast.  Must lose 10lbs!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing much that I have to do but tomorrow we are going to join a gym. I'm super exciting but worried at the same time since Ive already found my dress and it fits me. I really need to work on my legs though so hopefully I dont lose enough to need to alter my dress. No other plans really :)
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:8dad4ad5-a1af-4885-bee1-3985ef6441e0">Re: MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have been going at 110mph so this week we are staying in mostly and doing all of the sucky things like cleaning and laundry.   My mom and I randomly stopped at a dress shop this weekend that we didn't need an appointment to try on dresses and I found my dress!!!!!!!  I am extremely excited! (I found several I really liked at other stores but when i put on this one I KNEW it was MINE!)  I can't freaking wait for this year to go by!
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

Yay Congrats on finding your dress!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats on the dress-finding!  I occasionally sneak over to my friend's house (where my dress sleeps in a closet far from FI's prying eyes) to pet my dress.  Waiting for my glass pearls to come in from my Internet store so I can start working on my wedding day jewelry and also decide if I want any on my DIY veil.  (Have to match colors so I had to order quite a few variations.) 

Got a lot going on with people not showing up at work so this weekend (which should have been my weekend off) I had to go in both Sat and Sun to cover for people.  Hopefully I get to relax the rest of the week when I'm not scheduled so I don't have any big WR plans other than the pearls.  Gotta finish my DIY tile coasters with pictures of donuts on them though...
  • Options
    This week-work work and more work!! Also, working on labels for STD's!!
  • Options
    I work 55 hours every week so mostly I'll be working like a dog... but I'm excited that on Saturday I have an appointment for wedding dress shopping.  :-)  My stepmom, future MIL, MOH, and my SIL are joining me.  I'm hoping to have that whole Say Yes To The Dress experience.  I've been eyeing this beautiful dress online (Allure Bridal W282) and hope it looks good on me.  They're having a 20% off trunk sale so my fingers are crossed!  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Thank you ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with the dress shopping, Goofy.  Sending good dress vibes your way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:82447d72-44ee-435e-9567-ec6c7a414190">MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here we are again...Monday... What are your plans for the week?
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

i leave on friday for a few days at the beach - so excited - HOPEFULLY it will stop raining so much down there by friday so i actually get to go on the beach --
    work the next few days and ordering my Save the dates tomorrow night :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey DMoore421 nice to see another person from NC !!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try to invest more time into building my dream career and not let wedding planning be the excuse for slacking off all other things lol. Hopefully, by next week, I'll have my venue and photographer officially booked.
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:ea446e34-5e33-4080-b3b7-17cdee82710d">Re: MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the dress-finding!  I occasionally sneak over to my friend's house (where my dress sleeps in a closet far from FI's prying eyes) to pet my dress.  Waiting for my glass pearls to come in from my Internet store so I can start working on my wedding day jewelry and also decide if I want any on my DIY veil.  (Have to match colors so I had to order quite a few variations.)  Got a lot going on with people not showing up at work so this weekend (which should have been my weekend off) I had to go in both Sat and Sun to cover for people.  Hopefully I get to relax the rest of the week when I'm not scheduled so I don't have any big WR plans other than the pearls.  Gotta finish my DIY tile coasters with pictures of donuts on them though...
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  lol I think I may be the same way when it comes in.    Definitely post pics of your jewelry when you are done.  I love DIYs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ophelia0326Ophelia0326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    Super late here, but I'll still play! Monday I had an interview for a job that would be really wonderful for me, so keep your fingers crossed if you will! We're also submitting an application to a new apartment in a town we really love this week, so keep 'em crossed! And...

I'm going dress shopping on Saturday!! I keep forgetting it's happening, and I think I'm a little nervous about finding something I like. I'm a little...particular. We're going to two shops with my mom, my sister/MOH, my grandmother, and my cousin/best friend/BM. I have an idea of what I like, but I'm trying to keep an open mind, because they always say (on Say Yes to the Dress!) that you should try on something exactly the opposite of what you think you want. I'm thinking an A-line or fit-and-flare lace dress with a vintage feel...which means I guess I'll be trying on a poofy sparkly ball gown too! Oh - and we booked our photographer this week and have started contacting humanist officiants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:1a1d40a4-f803-4310-9833-d0cd66cba976">Re: MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MM again... : Thank you!  lol I think I may be the same way when it comes in.    Definitely post pics of your jewelry when you are done.  I love DIYs. 
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

Definitely.  I'm just playing around for now but when I have something I really like I'm sure I'll post pictures! 

Ophelia, good luck with the interview, I hope you get it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mm-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:8945f1d5-1de2-4907-b532-86121fb2e23aPost:5e395cd8-17b0-4ad9-a0ba-d64975f1ac2b">Re: MM again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck with the dress shopping, Goofy.  Sending good dress vibes your way.
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  :-)  I have this weird feeling I'm going to be an emotional basket case.  I've been so calm throughout the whole process (with the exception of tearing up when we booked our venue).  I think it will finally feel REAL when I am dress shopping, especially having some of my family with me.  Probably wasn't the brightest decision to book the appointment during PMS week either.  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards