Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Most Affordable Caterers

Does anyone have a list of very affordable caterers in the Twin Cities area?  We're getting married in Hastings, MN, and are on a pretty extreme budget, and so are looking into all of our options.  Thanks!

Re: Most Affordable Caterers

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you looking to spend per plate? What is your budget like for catering? What kind of package are you looking to get?

We went with K&J Catering. They are a small, family run business with great food and customer service. They will do a huge buffet for between $15 and $17 per plate, and that includes all of the servers and silverware.

Depending on what your budget/expectations are, you might also try grocery stores. They can be less sometimes depending on where you go and what you want. Some people also have cake and punch receptions, which save a lot of money.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Kanes Catering, they are a small family business and they are wonderful! They are about $14-$17 a plate (we are doing a buffet so we are able to get 7 menu options for like $16) They are really nice and accomidating ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Divine Swine or Big 10 catering. Both very cheap as I am on an extreme budget as well!
  • edited December 2011
    We're thinking of using The Point in hastings.  Its 15-25 a plate I think.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard "Soup du Joor" and Premiere Catering are affordable. We're also on the look-out for someone affordable.  Depending on the level of formality and number of guests, you could also look at Buca di Beppo - they cater large parties.
  • bwanhalabwanhala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using Classic Catering. They have a TON of options and I think start at around $13 a person? Dana is really good at staying within a budget. We decided on a buffet style to keep our costs down, and the pictures I have seen from her on their set-ups look great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards