September 2012 Weddings
Options

Accountability - Weekend

Well, I have slacked off thus far this weekend (kinda). I haven't hit the treadmill yet but that's because I've been out running around, playing with my niece, walking from my mother's house to my brother's house, etc. So not really NOT getting a workout, just not the one I planned lol Still planning on hitting the treadmill today.

How is your weekend going? Goals? Apparently I need to rethink the way I am measuring my goal.... I always set goals on lbs, I lost a few then plateau'd but my pants are still getting looser because I'm building muscle but losing that fat still so maybe switching to a waist measurement will be the better choice for now.....

Today's Inspiration Picture:

Re: Accountability - Weekend

• Options
    Britt- Good idea to do measurements and even re-trying on clothes that are supposed to fit.  I do full-body measurements at the beginning of every month (on the 1st) and it really helps keep me focused when I'm feeling bloated or like I'm having a "fat day."

Yesterday I started the 30DS.  I tried to do it once before, but my downstairs neighbors (aka- my parents, who we rent our apartment from- and yes, we do pay to live here like anyone else haha) complained about the noise from jumping jacks, so I stopped.  Now I just smartened up and am doing it when they're not home.  I did notice that it was a lot easier (easier- not easy though!) than the last time I tried.  My endurance has improved dramatically, and I'll attribute that to all the running I've been doing.

Still have awful shin splints (even the jumping jacks hurt last night) and I think I'm taking a second week off to try to let them rest before starting to train for my half marathon.  I was going to start tomorrow, but I don't want to injure myself and make the race impossible :(  SO sad- the only thing that kept me from running last week was promising I could do so this week.  And now... not happening :(

I went BM dress shopping for the wedding I'm in 2 weeks before mine, and was SO happy with it.  All the samples were TOO BIG for me.  So yesterday I tried on the dress I wore in my best friend's wedding in May and it, too, was too big!!  I love progress!!!

As of Friday, I've lost 17.2 pounds!  I'm almost halfway there!!
  • Options
    I was down a pound yesterday.  I completely BOMBED last night though.  My family was here to visit, and we ended up getting KFC and 5 Guys Burgers & Fries. 

I ate:
    A few pieces of popcorn chicken
    A few potato wedges

1 Little bacon extra cheeseburger with lettuce, bbq & mayo
    and of course some Cajun fries!

Why do I sabotage myself?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-weekend-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:358f9fb7-3ef0-451c-a89c-0412fa118a81Post:d60c472c-1eb7-480d-bf0a-b6bd2175f1e2">Re: Accountability - Weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was down a pound yesterday.  I completely BOMBED last night though.  My family was here to visit, and we ended up getting KFC and 5 Guys Burgers & Fries.  I ate: A few pieces of popcorn chicken A few potato wedges 1 Little bacon extra cheeseburger with lettuce, bbq & mayo and of course some Cajun fries! Why do I sabotage myself?
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

Go back to Friday's accountability and reread the inspiration picture ;) <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-friday-5" title="Accountability Friday">Clicky
    </a>
  • Options
    this weekend hasn't been so great. we took yesterday off just because we had a lot of things to do - we were having our dining room table delivered, and by the time it got here, it was too late to squeeze in a trip to the gym before my flower appointment. and then i went out for dinner with friends downtown. and today dan woke up and wasn't feeling well, so i think we're just going to take it easy. i plan on trying to do a lot of cleaning so maybe i'll atleast stay active.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    Focussing on numbers is never a good idea! I have been doing well cutting back on coffee but I def didn't get enough protein this weekend. I'm thinking I need to take some time off from my training. My body is tired and I should listen to it. I've been having pain in my hip which worries me. It's just sooooo hard for me to even take 1 day off.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The thing I am most proud of is outside of the occasional mixed drink (I like cherry whisky and sprite every now and then) I have cut pop almost entirely out of my diet :) I was a heavy pop drinker before, now I stick to juice and water
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards