Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Pictures before the ceremony?

I am torn between taking photos before the wedding or after.  We are having a traditional ceremony in an Orthodox church.  While the church is beautiful and very ornate, I worry that it is too 'busy' for a backdrop for group photos.  A super awesome park is right across the street, but our January wedding means it'll be dark outside by the time we finish.  Plus the appeal of fresh makeup and hair would be a photo plus.  But does it lose the specialness, and the good-luck of not seeing eachother until the ceremony?  What are you guys' thoughts on the matter?

Re: Pictures before the ceremony?

• Options
    I think this is really a personal decision that you and your FI should discuss. And btw, this question has been asked numerous times around these boards. You might find it useful to look back through some of the posts here and on other boards.

We did not do a first look. However, we did do pictures before the ceremony. Basically, our photographer got me with all of my BM's, FG's, both Mom's and both of our Grandmother's. He did the same for my husband and the guys.
  • Options
    I agree that it is a personal decision.  There is no right or wrong answer it is what is right for you.

I personally will be doing pictures before the wedding, we will do a first look moment just the two of us and the photagraphers, and have the majority of the pictures done by the start of the ceremony.  This is what is going to work for us, as MissySue state in her comment they did pictures before hand but not with eachother, that is what worked for them.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    we did all of our pictures before hand.  it made sense on so many levels.  it gave us more time with our guests, everyone was fresh, and we got ready together that morning anyway and rode to teh church together (Wedding was local so it didnt make sense to incur hotel expenses just for the sake of not seeing one another).

i dont regret it one bit.
  • Options
    This is a topic that you and your FI must discuss and agree upon. It is a very personal decision and a very emotional moment.

We are not doing a first look. It is important to us to see each other for the first time as I walk towards him. It's all upto the two of you though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    to each it's own, we are doing photos before hand. It is an all around better choice for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
      It is whatever works best for you. My FI and I won't be doing a first look but my cousin did one and he said it was a really special moment for them.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    We did all our photos ahead of time.  No regrets, and apparently it didn't hamper our "luck" at all - we've been happily married for 8 years.
  • Options
    It's a personal choice, only you and your FI can decide what is the right one for you two as a couple. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting married in November at 6pm, the photographer suggested taking pictures before however I am not ok with that.  So I exchanged my engagement session for a "trash the dress/day after" session.  This way we can do pictures all over town, I don't have to hurry for food or guests, I get several different locations, and I don't have to worry about my dress...oh and I get to wear my dress again!

I know you are considering for family photo's...maybe just do the photo's in the church.  I really want that suprising moment between my FI and I when I walk down the aisle
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards