California-Bay Area

Wente Vineyards?

I am still shopping around for a ceremony/reception site (there are so many places in the Bay Area to look!)  but will visit Wente in Livermore in a few weeks.  Has anyone had an experience with them that you can share?

Re: Wente Vineyards?

• edited December 2011

I visited Wente during my search for wedding venues. At first I was a little put off because my contact asked me not to be late in her emails, but she ended up being 30 minutes late for our appointment. However, Wente itself was a beautiful location. Rates for Saturday evenings are somewhat pricy but does include the cake. We looked at the main lawn area and another one of my concerns was probably having to rent a dance floor which would have been an added cost. I was seriously considering Wente, but ultimately chose a venue closer to my home (South Bay) that also had dates available this year.
    Hope that helps!

• kk4564kk4564 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my fiance looked in to Wente Vineyards during our venue search. We found it reasonably priced, and we liked that the price included the cake, although we were told that we would have to choose from templates basically, and couldn't get it customized. The thing that made me not want to choose Wente ultimately is the fact that they have multiple weddings there on a given day. They have several different venues on their properties that are available for weddings, and then there are morning time slots and evening slots. I really didn't like the idea that there is a possibility of other people getting married there at the same time as me, or possibly being rushed through everything because another wedding would be going on after me. We ultimately chose the Palm Event center on Vineyard avenue for our venue. The catering costs aren't cheap, but it includes all the linens, place settings, etc. It's gorgeous and we just got a really good feeling about it. Good luck, and I hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June, I chose a Sunday morning so it would be quiet and was alot cheaper.  I picked out my cake last month, I loved it, and you can customize your cake looks they just have limited flavoring but it was delicious so that was fine.   I love Wente and can't imagine getting married anywhere else now!
  • chellimphchellimph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your replies!  (I did not get notified so I had no idea that anyone had responded!!)

For the Palm Event Center, are the prices comparable to Wente?

Any other recommendations from anyone on the Bay Area for a venue that will work for 175 people?

Thanks again!

Michelle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards