African American Weddings

at first i just let it go but NOW..Im livid

so I hired a classmate that was trying to get into the wedding planning business..I only hired her for the day of just to oversee things that I couldnt and didnt want to deal with on our wedding day...so I met with her to go over my expectations and drew up the contract for $250..her first question was "oh, my husband knows your brother..can he come?" my answer was this is business not a social event,,your hubby is gonna have to catch up with my brother some other time...her next question was "so what are your colors? I like to dress like the wedding party" Mu answer "um, no..you need to wear professional attire..such as a black or white blouse with black slacks and you need to get a name tag..guess I shouldve known something would happen, duh..

so the day of the wedding..she showed up on time..but was bombarded by her cell phone constantly ringing..either her kids or her husband..then she had to leave to take him to work at 3:00p..I guess they only have one car..oookayy our wedding was to start at 5:00p..so when she left she said she would complete the decorating..since I had to leave to begin getting dressed..I stilll didnt say anything because she did complete the task (which i saw when we arrived for the reception)..but at the ceremony..she again left early..people were looking for her to ask question and we screwed up the lighting of the unity candle (it was cute though..so I still didnt trip)..

so after the reception..everyone helped us clean..which I appreciated since I was still in my gown..so of the 115 guest that rsvp'd..only @40 actually came to the reception because i had a co worker that his wedding started at 6p...so we had a ton of food and unopened alcohol...so I gave it to my wedding party as a thank you for cleaing..well lo and be hold..here she comes toting my damn wine..of course I didnt see her and people told me later so I wouldnt be upset on weddin night...you f&*^ B%^*&....

So now  I recieve a text from her telling me that she had someone that wanted to buy some of my linen and the chair sashes..for $150..get off the damn gas!! this is unbelieveable..I paid $900 for the tableclothes and chair sashes..and the table runners were $300..get the F^^&^** outta here with that nonsense!!! I know she (whoever it is) would love to get some linen for FREE..

I drop the mic and walk off..end of vent..I still havent sent her an email or called just to let her know B%^&* you didnt get over and I hope you choke and that wine you stole!!!!! She was so unprofessional and her unexperience was showing like a slip from under a dress..
Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: at first i just let it go but NOW..Im livid

• jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    oh and I am still sifting through the pile of left over wedding stuff..such as decorations..adn I cant find my two wreaths that I made to hang on the church doors...so aint no telling what else is missing that I just havent found yet..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • lol aww ( I don't mean to laugh but the way you worded this made me crack up). I'm sorry this happened and I hope she understands where you are coming from when you tell her about herself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 176-Made the Cut
    image Final Count 152-Are #Team Morris Wedding.
  • OMG I'm sorry that happened. Congrats on being a MRS. And I would NOT give (yes give for $150 that is giving) linen or chair sashed for that price. And she had a nerve to steal the wine! Now that is a mess and very unprofessional. I hope she does NOT need a reference.

• WOW.  Surprised Can you sue her? Are there any lawyers in here???  i'd take that to judge judy. What did her contract say? she obviously wasn't there when needed.

Yo, Joneka, i'll give you $150.01 for them linens lol
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Bwaaahahaha!!! I'm sorry, but this was too funny! I wonder what her problem was!!! I would have been hot as fish grease!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • I am so sorry you had to deal with Ms. Thang!

I see many knotties ask if they should hire a newbie for a small fee to be the DOC and I always give my opinion that it isn't a good idea.

# 1 She should have had her husband drop her off and he keep the car. If she had to take a taxi home than that is her issue.

#2 She should not have been taking personal calls. If it were one or two okay but not ringing off the hook.

#3 I didn't know the unofficial uniform for a DOC is a white top and black slacks. I'm sure my Wedding Planner / DOC will wear a nice dress or suit.

#4 You can't be mad at her for being the messenger with the person wanting to buy your linens. Some brides just want to get rid of their extra wedding stuff I see things like this on Craigs List for very cheap.

Lastly, I'm so sorry out of 115 people only 40 came to the reception. Why on earth didn't they give you heads up that they were only coming to the ceremony. I would be more pissed at this than your DOC's unprofessionalism.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Wow, I'm trying to figure out how her husband was suppose to come to the wedding when he was working that day anyway?!

I agree with pp though you had me rollin with the way you told this!! This chic was off the wall.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LOL. That is crazy!!!!! It kills me how everyone thinks that it is easy being a wedding planner/ directress/ coordinator. It is NOT! I've been doing it since '07 and every time I want to stop I am reminded of how happy my couples look on wedding day. That's the only thing that keeps me in the game.

You should rent your linen. You could easily re-coup your money. That's what I plan on doing....I have cylinders, linen, napkins, chair sashes, etc. I'll look up and would have moved into the event rental biz. LOL!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_at-first-i-just-let-it-go-but-nowim-livid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3cbf11a8-d49d-4958-afd5-20f0d32b70aePost:dc9ba42a-82c9-47ff-b559-29dc93256b2b">Re: at first i just let it go but NOW..Im livid</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm so sorry out of <strong>115 people only 40 came to the reception. Why on earth didn't they give you heads up that they were only coming to the ceremony</strong>. I would be more pissed at this than your DOC's unprofessionalism.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I'd be super p'd off about that too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • all I can say is wow ! the nerve of her stealing the wine and then asking you to sell the linens for not even half the price ! lol tell her I said " girl gone" lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Wait only a 40 out of 115 showed up at the reception? I must have read this wrong
  • edited May 2012
    Oooh girl I am so sorry to hear this : so now that you've vented to your sistah girls, I think it's time to sit down and write her a nice long email. I mean seriously if she is really considering doing this as a job you should let her know how poor of a job she really did. She clearly sees nothing wrong with her job performance. You two have a history so better it come from you than a very pissed off stranger.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_at-first-i-just-let-it-go-but-nowim-livid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3cbf11a8-d49d-4958-afd5-20f0d32b70aePost:8ecf2fb8-c118-4228-a1c8-ee6765d05974">Re:at first i just let it go but NOW..Im livid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh girl I am so sorry to hear this : so now that you've vented to your sistah girls, I think it's time to sit down and write her a nice long email. I mean seriously if she is really considering doing this as a job you should let her know how poor of a job she really did. [/QUOTE]

All of this!!!!! I probably wouldnt have paid her a dime.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards