• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Colorado

Looking for Site for Vow Renewal - West Slope or nearby

Looking for a romantic outdoor location for a 10th anniversary vow renewal in Western Colorado... Perhaps Glenwood springs or surrounding area, Grand Junction, or Ouray. 

Re: Looking for Site for Vow Renewal - West Slope or nearby

• samantha bucksamantha buck member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Glennwood the Hotel Colorado is very nice with a lot of history. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_looking-vow-renewal-west-slope-nearby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:91f66def-051b-4808-aa0f-a249b1adbd77Post:6ba0d450-0b22-47c7-a339-a0204739a053">Re: Looking for Site for Vow Renewal - West Slope or nearby</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Glennwood the Hotel Colorado is very nice with a lot of history. 
    Posted by samantha buck[/QUOTE]

I second this one! 

Ouray has some very nice areas.  Yankee boy basin is beautiful, but a challenge to get to.  Although I will say, everytime I've stayed in that town, people are very friendly! 

Grand Junction has some neat things - There's the winery's, Grand Mesa, and Mesa Nat'l monument(our photographer shot a wedding up there! I couldn't believe it - till I saw the pics!).  Rabbit Valley (whille there are no facilities, I'm sure could be made into something really neat!)  could be an area. - our family would go four wheeling there alot so for us, it was something worth pondering over. And there's a lake there (corn lake? I forget it's name but the area was fantastic!) that maybe able to hold something as well!  Definitely worth checking out.

Rifle has Rifle falls, and the Rifle Creek Golf course (having my wedding there in July, and they've been nice to work with so far.  Also decently priced - $30/head is really do-able!).  Coulter lake Guest ranch, is also a neat little place!  While a bit pricy for our budget, we wouldn't mind staying there. And have stayed a couple of nights! The staff are really friendly! 

There's another place out in De Beque - (It's on the knot, and I forget it's name), that is beautiful, the staff was friendly- but at $70/head, it was out of our price range.  Definitely worth checking out though!

Glenwood Caverns would be an interesting experience - I definitely think they have the facilities to handle it. - riding the tram to get up there (although if arrangements are made, you could get up by car), and doing it inside the caves or on one of the walk way areas would provide some neat views.  The restaurant could hold plenty of people!

These are just some of the places we've checked into when we were looking for our venue.  Our guest list is at 113, and that includes children. (just to give you an idea of what we were looking for when doing ours.)

Hope that helped a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards