Plus-Sized

curse you donut!

i was at work yesteday and someone brought in donuts....and i tried so hard to walk away!....i ended up eatting it...and feeling guilty later...so i skiped dinner....and still gained a pound back!......

Re: curse you donut!

• Ugh. Seriously. I know exactly how you feel. I don't need to lose weight to fit into my dress or anything... but, I really want to drop 15-25 pounds.  Theoretically, that should be easy to do between now & September. Average weight loss is 2-3 pounds per week. Even if I only lost 8 pounds a month... that would be 32-40 pounds between now & September. 

But, for some reason... I cannot get my butt motivated !!!!   I ate a bagel WITH cream cheese this morning.   I'm not snacking on a bunch of crap... but, I'm not eating super healthy either.  And, I can't seem to get my butt out of bed early enough to get to the gym.   You'd think the pressure of standing in front of 125 people and having a million photos taken of me would be motivation enough. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_curse-you-donut?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:33664422-2f8c-46b9-a41a-7c0424ce3bb0Post:1a8e947f-1b40-4eff-b74f-59db1dd268d4">Re: curse you donut!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. Seriously. I know exactly how you feel. I don't need to lose weight to fit into my dress or anything... but, I really want to drop 15-25 pounds.  Theoretically, that should be easy to do between now & September. Average weight loss is 2-3 pounds per week. Even if I only lost 8 pounds a month... that would be 32-40 pounds between now & September.  But, for some reason... I cannot get my butt motivated !!!!   I ate a bagel WITH cream cheese this morning.   I'm not snacking on a bunch of crap... but, I'm not eating super healthy either.  And, I can't seem to get my butt out of bed early enough to get to the gym.   You'd think the pressure of standing in front of 125 people and having a million photos taken of me would be motivation enough. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

agreed....i am in the same boat as you....i fit in my dress but 25lb less i would look awesome!!! i have lost 10lbs so far but 2lbs a week is really difficult to lose! but i will keep trying till sept 22nd lol....as far as working out trying to do it thru out the day....go for a walk on your lunch break...park further away at walmart.....have more SEX lol!  try to make working out the most important thing you do everyday
  • Even if you have a treat or a meal that you shouldn't have, you should never skip a big meal. That can really mess up your body and can cause it to go into starvation mode (causing you to keep weight or gain it) because it doesn't know when you're going to feed it.

I know it's hard to say no to yummy treats (my weakness), but don't skip dinner because of it. Just try again harder the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel your pain... I actually bought a jelly donut (which I don't really like other than for the sugary part).  It sat on my desk all day yesterday and thank goodness today it was too hard to eat. 
    Next time just eat 1/2, but like PP said.. don't ever skip a meal, just eat a smaller one. 

One donut will not kill us and won't make us not fit into our dress.  I think you are good as long as you don't eat a dozen!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @ just dance...i guess my thinking was...if i skip dinner i will still be under my daily calorie intake...you are right though i should have ate dinner....matter of fact....i shouldnt have ate the donut! LOL
    @cinderella i will tell you that donut suduced me!...i tried to eat half but that just made it worse lol

oh well lesson learned i guess!
  • I can't do the half thing either... if I have a bite... I'm eating all of it.  I don't have that kind of self control. 

Make SURE you eat your lunch/dinner even if you eat something crappy.  When you skip a meal, you slow down your metabolism and your body starts to try to hoard fat.  Just make sure you are careful with your meal.  Eat extra veggies...  but, make sure you eat.  Even when you eat a donut !

I am determined to get my ass to the gym this weekend.  Usually, once I start... I keep going.  it's the getting started thing that I need help with !    I need a personal trainer to come get me out of bed !
  • Today is my friends birthday at work. We have 4 different kinds of oreos, cookies and cream ice cream with sugar cones and oreo cupcakes. I have been snacking ALL day. I have been doing zumba 2 for Wii everyday but the last few days haven't had time/motivation. Tonight I am definetly working out. Maybe I will even do a jillian Michaels or Bob Harper dvd to kick my butt into gear.
  • i know the feeling too! everyday i wake up and swear to myself that it will be better.  i won't use the mocha creamer in my coffee-i'll use skim milk.  i'll have a salad for dinner-not panera bread and grilled chicken or fish--not pasta but i can't seem to kick myself into gear.  it really shouldn't be this hard but i'm my own worst enemy i guess!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_curse-you-donut?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:33664422-2f8c-46b9-a41a-7c0424ce3bb0Post:c74b7bda-9699-4169-8921-f0c806fbf4cb">Re: curse you donut!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i know the feeling too! everyday i wake up and swear to myself that it will be better.  i won't use the mocha creamer in my coffee-i'll use skim milk.  i'll have a salad for dinner-not panera bread and grilled chicken or fish--not pasta but i can't seem to kick myself into gear.  it really shouldn't be this hard but i'm my own worst enemy i guess!
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

<div>I read that if you keep eating the way you are for two weeks but start adding in healthy items - its easier to transition into eating healthier. Like have pasta but put some veggies in it. Or find a sugar free version of the creamer you like. Then after awhile it won't be so hard to eat more veggies. Have you tried tracking your calories? I find it easier if I know how many calories I'm consuming. On the items that are high calories that I can't wean myself off of I write the calories on the front. Its harder for me to drink a soda if I know I'm drinking 140 calories, which really digs into your total calories for the day. </div>
  • I guess I was too hard on myself girls! I weighed in today and lost another pound!!!!! 24lbs left to lose!!!!!
  • AngB:  Don't feel guilty.  If you eat an otherwise healthy diet, there is no reason you cannot have a doughnut.  Heck, I still eat sweets, pizza, and fried foods on ocassion.  You just need to work to get to a point with careful tracking where one treat isn't going to break your whole diet.  I assure you it can be done.

Good Luck with your weight loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards