Delaware
Options

MIA...

Hello ladies-

So i've been slowing come back to the board after what feels like being out of the loop for so long when it was really only 2 weeks or so...why you might ask? we've moved!
Basically, we lived in a really crappy area of baltimore (didn't know when we moved here how bad it was and it has only gotten worse in the 3 years we've been here). Well, finally the last straw broke when FI went into the hallway to yell down (we live on the third floor) to ask some obnoxious people hanging out in the hallway to move inside or go away and they decided to jump him instead...awesome, so i called the cops, he ended up with a busted lip, this was 2 days after his car had gotten broken into, so yea, we went to the apt complex, explained what happened and figured out how we could move w/out breaking our lease and it costing us an insane amt of $.  basically the apt company owns several complexes around the area so we got to pick out another one in a better area and move there with no increase in rent or extra charges...b/c of health stuff we still had to hire a moving company which set us back a few and they messed up some of my furniture, so pissed. but we like it here much better and now i can continue with the planning...sigh...
so far, i've sent a deposit for the photographer but haven't signed a contract b/c my dad has some issues with it that he wants to discuss w/the photog but has been too busy with work to do it...reserved the DJ, but haven't sent deposit/contract (just got the contract in the mail today) and i went to 3 more bridal shops thursday and i think i have found my dress!!!! it has everything i want, except it is a bit more expensive than i would like, but i've been to 8 different stores and tried on about 70 dresses, so at this point i'm ready to purchase...of course, no one has seen me in the dress b/c i went by myself so i'm hoping to get mom to see it before i actually purchase, but it is soooo pretty, i love it!!! well, i think that's it for now...it's good to be back :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MIA...

• Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! Yeah it does seem like you've been gone awhile! Man I can't believe your FI got jumped for that! It's definately a good thing you guys moved. I think it's awesome they aren't going to raise your rent because i'm sure if the apartment is in a nicer area, the rent is alot more! Well i'm glad you guys are out of there! Now you can relax.. or not relax because you have to plan! hahaha. The FI can relax! lol. Who are you going with for DJ and Photog?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, we are certainly both in better moods now that our safety isn't in constant jeopardy!
    We are using BlackSilver Imaging for photog and Terry O'Sullivan from DJs available for the DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I was wondering where you went!  It's good to have you back- and in a safer living situation!

Good job on the checks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards