New Hampshire
Options

Mill Falls tasting and a poll!

We went to our tasting today! It was really good. We were a little disappointed with most of the chicken dishes, but we did find one we both really liked. We crunched some numbers and figured out that for a little bit more we could upgrade from the NY sirloin to a filet. 

We are trying to figure out how many people will order chicken versus the filet. We've got 181 adults (2 I am positive are vegetarian).  Perhaps a Knot poll will help us figure out our percentages, no?

Edit: We also got to see our suite...It's, uh, sweet!

Re: Mill Falls tasting and a poll!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This post makes me hungry - can I vote three times? I had always thought most people would order the beef at a wedding ours was around 50-50 but we had tips which may not have sounded as appealing as filet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In our original guesstimate we put 100 filets and 79 chicken...we'll see! In the end it's a few hundred dollars...but I'm thinking about how many bottles of wine we can buy for service haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most couples will order one beef and one chicken. I know very few women who order beef at a wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With those options, both DH and I would pick the filet, and we're TOTALLY chicken fans.  That chicken option is a little too fancy for my simple tastes. 
  • Options
    Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked the chicken only because I'm not a filet fan (not my cut of meat, I'm a sirloin or prime rib person)... but like Chayer said, they're both a little fancy. I find demi-glaze to be a little over powering.
  • Options
    Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pick the filet because I'm not a big chicken fan. We've got our tasting this weekend, but I think we're going to go with a chicken and a fish dish. The steaks are ridiculously priced!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the chicken sounds delish!  or veg :)  good luck, sounds like it will be a nice reception!
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would choose the filet and DH would get the chicken. I'm a very plain Jane and picky eater, and the filet is a little more simple. DH is a big chicken fan and even had that at our wedding (while I had the beef). LoL.

Our meals we really close to 50-50 and we had a chicken and prime rib.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards