Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Wedding Gown Shopping

I am going shopping this weekend to (hopefully) make a final decision on my dress. I know Altar Bridal is having a sample sale April 1st-2nd, but was wondering if anyone knew of other sales happening this weekend. Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding Gown Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont know of any sales, but when I was at Rosies Bridal they had a bunch of "buy off the rack" dresses that were gorgeous. Although you have to find one in your size. But they were about half the price! Good luck this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has a lot of georgeous dresses at discounted prices. They just got a new line of Vera Wang dresses- so pretty!! I wish I had gotten my dress there!!

Also, they have lots of decently priced BM dresses, if you haven't found yours already, and lots of colors to pick from too. Your ladies will thank you for picking a dress that isn't very expensive!!Undecided
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I actually ended up purchasing a dress at Ida's bridal in OP. Their consultants were amazingly helpful, and their proces aren't bad at all. And since I ordered my dress on my first trip into the store, I got a 10% discount and free veil!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Ida's is WONDERFUL. I got my BM dresses from there... they have some great selections and as you said, great prices! I wish I had gone there to get my dress too... oh well I still love the one I got! But I'm happy you found a dress!! What is the dress like?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If any of you need anything, I work at David's Bridal in the KC north area!! come in and see me!!!!!! :D 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The dress I got is made by Pronovias and the style is called Melbourne. I don't have a photograph of it, but here is a link that (should) take you to a picture:

http://www.pronovias.us/fotos-vestidos-novias/melbourne2010.html

I originally found bridesmaid dresses I liked at Macy's, but after such a  great expereince at Ida's I'm going to have my BM's order their dresses from there.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In addition to sales, consider the service you will receive from the boutique.  It can make all the difference in the world! I highly recommend both Altar Bridal and Ida's.  They are both great to work with and will provide a nice experience for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_wedding-gown-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:87d4392f-5439-41a0-b0d3-23d0f056a810Post:2916a3d4-040d-4d98-9385-096361e36bf0">Re: Wedding Gown Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]In addition to sales, consider the service you will receive from the boutique.  It can make all the difference in the world! I highly recommend both Altar Bridal and Ida's.  They are both great to work with and will provide a nice experience for you.
    Posted by coordinatelyyours[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely true. I Iooked at Altar and Ida's before ultimately deciding on a dress at Ida's. My experience with outstanding with both shops. The dress I ended up purchasing wasn't atually on sale but did fit perfectly within my budget. I can't wait until it comes in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards