New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Rye Town Hilton vs Marriott Renaissance

Hi Ladies! We are about to make the final decision on which hotel we are going to have our block at and I was wondering if anyone has stayed at either the Rye Town Hilton or Marriott Renaissance for a wedding and had any insights. I think I am leaning towards the Hilton, as the woman I have been in contact with has been wonderful and the suites are a little larger there. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rye Town Hilton vs Marriott Renaissance

• Options
    krodnerkrodner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding in June and reserved our block of rooms there.  Complete disaster!  DISASTER!  We had a large block of rooms reserved and as guests arrived were told there weren't anymore rooms avail. at the hotel even though they had reservations.  They were sent to another hotel that everyone seemed to have a difficult time finding.  These guests also had to find a way to get from the hotel they were now staying at, back to the Rye Town Hilton to get the shuttles we had hired to take them to the wedding!  The whole point of hiring the shuttles were so people didn't have to drive, now they were driving all over the place since they also needed to get BACK to their hotel at the end of the night also.
    I had people miss my ceremony because they were late, due to all the confusion.  This created so much added stress for my guests and my family it was an unbelievable error that really messed up the weekend for many people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards