Destination Weddings Discussions

Mexico

I'm looking for an all inclusive resort in Mexico to get married. I could look up places online but I'm more interested in any personal experiences anyone has!

Re: Mexico

• Well, I don't have personal experience yet, but I am getting married at The Royal in Playa del Carmen. I have heard amazing amazing reviews and I have seen tons of pictures, and I mean real pictures not doctored resort photos and it looks amazing. If you haven't yet, I recommend Beach Bum Vacations for a travel agency because they are so amazingly helpful, and FREE! They ask what you are looking for and make recommendations based on what you want. I have Erin and she is wonderful to work with.

Hope That Helps, can't wait to hear what you decide on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ehlerssehlerss member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    My sister got married at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Riviera Maya, Mexico this past September.  Her wedding was beautiful and the resort was amazing.  Everyone had a fantasic time.  The food and drinks were delicious which I know is not the case at every all inclusive and the staff was super friendly.  I loved it so much that I am getting married through the same chain in Mexico!  Let me know if you have any questions!

O and PS I am also using Beach Bum Vacation and I have Melissa!  THey are definitely helpful!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Look at any of the Palace Resorts, they are all inclusive, very affordable, give free weddings and are VERY nice! One of the old marrieds got married at Moon Palace and I was going to but had to change. 
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was married at The Royal in Cancun and was thrilled with my experience. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have
  • Do you know what area you are intersted in?  Cabo and Puerto Vallarta are my favorite areas of Mexico.  In PV there aren't too many AIs unless you go all the way to Nuevo Vallarta (which I don't like at all) so I'd recommend Cabo if you must have an AI.

I've stayed at RIU Santa Fe which is a great resort.  The layout is really odd and not very handicap friendly, but it's a great family and budget-friendly AI.  Next door to it is RIU Palace which is much nicer (and a bit more expensive) but offers a few more ammenities and doesn't have such an odd layout.  Both are close to town which makes exploring easy!  My friend got married there last year and we all had a great time.

If you'd prefer the Eastern side of Mexico check out the Dreams or Palace resorts.  I'd personally choose Tulum or Riviera Maya over Cancun, though.  Cancun was OK, I just didn't think there was a lot to do sight-seeing wise and the beach wasn't that nice at Moon Palace.  Though the resort itself is AMAZING!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Thanks!!! These message boards are awesome. I started using beach bum adventures and am taking it from there. I narrowed it down to three places: Cabo San Lucas, Puerta Vallarta and Riviera Maya. If anyone has any feedback on those three places I'd love to hear it!
  • BexTomBexTom member
    First Comment
    We are getting married at Secrets Capri in the Riviera Maya - it's all inclusive, but also adults only, no kids, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.
    Our wedding is July 16th and so far our wedding planner is amazing! So far everything is going well, but I'll definitely post a review after it's all over with. :) Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards