Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor ceremony question

I am trying to decide on a venue site and always thought I would want to get married outdoors...we are an interfaith couple so will incorporate traditions from both
Recently I have become worried that an outdoor ceremony isn't as intimate or emotional as indoor ceremonies but I can't say I have been to a ton of outdoor weddings.
I have to admit, I kind of like it when people cry at weddings :) and sometimes I wonder if that is less likely to occur if we have an outdoor ceremony...
Can anyone reassure me that outdoor weddings can be as emotional/intimate, etc?!? And if so, what tips or advice do you have to make an outdoor ceremony just as special?
Thanks!

Re: Outdoor ceremony question

• Every outdoor wedding I've been to has been just as emotional and intimate as indoor ones.  I don't see any connection between intimacy and indoors.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • If you want an intimate setting, then go for something private (ie not a public beach where others will be walking by).  Many golf courses have outdoor gazebos, botanical gardens often rent thier spaces.  We were married on the roof of a building overlooking a lake. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-ceremony-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:97d7e7ff-18a2-41e8-90b9-c2391f2c4034Post:fbeed43f-d710-49a9-86a9-31a8a91ca761">Re: Outdoor ceremony question</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want an intimate setting, then go for something private (ie not a public beach where others will be walking by).  Many golf courses have outdoor gazebo, botanical gardens often rent their spaces.  We were married on the roof of a building overlooking a lake. 
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

This, also you could have a circle around the 2 of you with all of your guests, instead of all behind you.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I would go with an outdoor venue that has a more enclosed feeling. For instance, a place with lots of trees surrounding it, a gazebo, or a flower garden. I think that creates a more intimate feeling.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it depends on the couple and the feel of the wedding.  I think an outdoor wedding can be very romantic and emotional.  We are having an outdoor wedding on a deck by a river.  We are making it more romantic and intimate by having the wedding as the sun is setting and having the deck lined with mason jars with candles.  I think a candle light wedding outdoors is sure to set some people in tears.  And either way I know if nothing else I'm going to be bawling.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks so much for the replies and suggestions to make an outdoor wedding more imitate! I really appreciate it and feel more confident going ahead with our venue :). Now for all the other details...!
  • The BEST wedding I've ever been to was outdoors and it was more emotional than any church wedding I've ever been to.  The surroundings were stunning (on a cliff in California), they had great music (acoustic guitar) and the ceremony was very personalized.  I think the beauty of outdoors can really intensify the feelings of the day.  Go for it!
    Married 9.4.11
  • The most intimate weddings I've been to have been outdoors.  Many of them in places that are significant to the couple.  Large, open churches feel much less intimate and personal to me. Particularly when I know the couple and know they really are not that involved in the church and it is more for just a show.
  • I love outdoor weddings! I'm having mine on a private beach in the Floriday Keys.  Just be ready for little hiccups that are out of your control.  My Aunt got married on a cliff in a state park surrounded by trees.  It was gorgeous but in the middle of the ceremony we discoverd there were train tracks running right at the bottem of this cliff and guess what - a train of course came through during the ceremony!  It's a funny memory now and we all laughed then, paused and went on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards