Second Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower for Second Marriage

We are having our second marriage - I lost my first husband to death, he is divorced. We are having his 3 children act as his Maid of Honor and 2 Better Than Best Men and my daughter, who is 13 is my Maid of Honor and I have two Better than Best Men. His children live out of state. My daughter would be more than delighted to throw me a shower and I want to include her in the plans, etc, but at 13 she would need some help. I have 3 best friends who helped me pick out my wedding dress. Would it be appropriate for me to encourage my daughter to ask one if not all 3 to help her plan a shower? I don't feel right "planning" it myself, but she would be so thrilled to do this.

Re: Bridal Shower for Second Marriage

• Options
    Definitely ancourage her to talk to your friends and see if they will help her plan anything she wants to do. It is wonderful that all your children are included in this special event for your families.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Welcome to the board, and my condolences on the loss of your first husband. Glad you found love again.

Has your daughter expressed an interest in throwing you a shower? It sounds as though you want one, which is fine, but it needs to be someone else's idea, whether your daughter or one of your good friends. If your daughter has expressed an interest, I'm assuming she knows your 3 best friends. I had a similar situation in that my daughter was 16 when we married last year, and my 2 best friends were also standing up. In my situation it was the bachelorette party, as we didn't want any showers, which I politely declined when they were brought up by friends or family. I discussed with my friends (who expressed the interest first) some options we could do, then put them in touch with each other by email. The planning was then up to them.

I'd think the main planning, if your friends have expressed an interest, would be to do the same, in other words have them all exchange emails, and ask that they include your daughter in the planning IF THEY choose to do so. I'm sure if they are nice and sensitive women they'd love to help her do this for you. She of course cannot contribute any financial assistance, but maybe she can do crafts or assist with invitations and decor.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards