Mississippi
Options

MSU Cowbells as favors?

Hello everyone,

I am originally from WV but go to veterinary school at MSU. My fiance and I fell in love with SEC football when I moved here, and we especially love the tradition of the MSU cowbell. We wanted to incorporate that into our wedding as favors for our guests. BUT, with the wedding taking place in Maryland, and with most of our guests being from Maryland and West Virginia, we're afraid they won't understand the reason for them. We thought about tying a tag onto them with a brief explanation of the tradition, and then say something along the lines of "Ring this bell to wish the new bride and groom luck in their marriage, blah blah blah . . ." (You know, something to connect it with the wedding without being too corny Haha)

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this, or other advice/ideas on how to incorporate them so that our guests would understand it. Or if anyone else has done bells as their favors, I'd love to hear about what you did or even see pics! : )

Thanks! 

Re: MSU Cowbells as favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  My FI and I are considering using cowbells in our wedding (we both go to State), but we aren't entirely sure how yet.  I'm assuming most of the people at the event will at least have some inkling that you're in school at State.  I would have the official story of the cowbell (look at the State website, I think it's on there) printed on the back of your favor tags, or maybe print it on a large card and put it in a frame by the cowbells on a table.  You could have both maroon and white bells and tie the other color ribbon on them! 

On a different note - would you be interested in a State bride meetup? 

Good luck!

~Amy
  • Options
    mbuffummbuffum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually using minature cowbells with our names and wedding date on them! I will be having my wedding in Starkville at the Chapel on Campus! I think it is a cute idea! A little tag attached explaining the cowbell would be nice for those who do not realize what it means. Here are some cute bell quotes you can attach too!
    Wedding Bell Poems

RING FOR A KISS
    Today, as we gather together,  
    wish us a love to last forever.   
    If you would like us to share a wedded kiss,  
    ring the bell for lifelong bliss.

BELL SALUTE
    T
    his bell salutes the Bride and Groom  
    and the Joy that fills the room.  
    Ring it loud, when they are near,  
    so that all may hear
    the pledge of love they hold so dear.

JINGLE
    I'm a little jingle bell
    I'm here to wish the couple well!
    Shake me, ring me loud and clear
    When you see bride & groom appear.
    My tinkling sound is here to convey
    your love and good wishes on their special day!
    Bring me along to the reception too
    So they may share a kiss for you!
     WEDDING BELLTOAST
    May laughter and joy fill this room
    as we toast the bride and groom.
    Please take this little Wedding Bell...
    Ring it loud and ring it well.
    With each sound they will show their bliss
    by sharing in a Wedding Kiss!! 
  • Options
    LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, cute! I'm not a State Fan, but I would still ring the crap out of a cowbell at your wedding - that sounds awesome. Congrats! Good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm at MSU too and was thinking cowbells.  I would be curious to hear how that works for you and where you buy them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards