Colorado

Good photographer for small budget?

Hello everyone. I am in the process of planning a wedding in Denver for July 2011 and I need a photographer for 1k, hopefully much less. I was looking at websites like Studio Blue or Bella, which seem to offer quality for less, but after looking at reviews and other posts on here, I'm worried. :S 

Any pointers would be really awesome. I'm also planning this from my grad school in Michigan, so I can't exactly meet up with photographers until very close to our date.

Thanks so much!

Re: Good photographer for small budget?

• lzapkowslzapkows member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up going with someone else, but I was considering Yellow Paddle Photography because ther prices are pretty low because they use student photographers. Their website says you can have 1 student for up to 8 hours for $700.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Patrick from PAEart.com. He was AMAZING!  Talk with him about your budget & he may work with you. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have some info for you... send me a private message and I'll copy and paste the info to you (too big to paste here!!)
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely! I'm sure you will be very happy with us! Check out our website     http://reflectionsbycher.zenfolio.com/

I would love to photograph your wedding for $900, full coverage with two photographers, CD of all images and engagement session, along with upload to internet sight for family and friends.

Thank you Natalie raffield@q.com 303 945 6325
  • edited December 2011
    Frames In Motion is great! They have very reasonable pricing packages, most under 1k and they do amazing work. A few of my firends have used him and their pics our beautiful, he is doing my wedding in June. Owners name is Curtis, his number is 303-810-7621. He has a temp site up while his new one is under construction, but you can check out some of his work. www.Framesinmotion.net
    He can also email you additional photos and referrals as needed.

Let me know what you think.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is a wedding photographer.  His wedding prices start at $800.  I obviously think he is amazing :)  He has done a great job and is easy going.

http://chasehoffman.com/
  • victoriarivvictoriariv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been talking with Mandalay Images Photography.  www.mandalayimages.com Totally love her work and I know she does a la carte options in addition to packages.
  • stocker rothstocker roth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using  Chris Mclaughlin and his work is amazing. He will totally work with your budget and give you absolutely gorgeous pics!!

www.chrismclaughlinphotography.com/" target="_blank">www.chrismclaughlinphotography.com

Good Luck!
    Lisa
  • ms.jessms.jess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend looking at local universities for photography students. They need to build their portfolios, and are usually WAY less expensive than professionals. I would check on craigslist also. HTH!
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not known a lot but I found Nicole, she was picked ''the knot best of weddings'' on 2010 and 2011 so she must be good, I am considering going with her for my big day. this is her website or u can found her here on the knot as well..
    www.imagegalleryinc.com/" class="vendorWebLink">www.imagegalleryinc.com good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all! Appreciate all the help. :)

• I am a wedding Photographer I have done many weddings including Indian and Pakistani.

Check my work at www.vidhithakur.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards