Virginia
Options

Intro

Hi! My name is Hannah, I am fairly new(ish) to the boards. I got engaged Valentine's Day last year, and I have finally booked a location! I will be getting married July 1, 2011 at Langley Air Force Base Chapel, and the reception will be at the Officer's Club! I look forward to talking with you all!

Re: Intro

• Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Hannah! Welcome!

I'm getting married at the Officers' Club on April 24th, just over a month away. We're doing our ceremony on the deck and the reception in the grand ballroom. Are you or your FI military? My FI's dad was in the air force and mine was in the navy, which is why we chose the club.

Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll try to help as best I can. Good luck in your planning!
  • Options
    habanewhabanew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's so cool! My dad is retired Air Force, and my FI is Army reserves (he's training now in San Antonio) I know we were planning on the Ceremony in the Chapel and just the reception at the O Club. I'm so excited that someone here is having their wedding at the O club! I will definitely have to pick your brain :)
  • Options
    habanewhabanew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! and Congrats on getting married in almost a month! I bet you are excited!!!
  • Options
    habanewhabanew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you using a wedding consultant? Or are you and/or your mom doing any day of organization/set-up
  • Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Aw, thanks! We're really excited, it'll be almost a year since we got engaged.

We are not using a wedding consultant/planner. As far as I know (and I'm checking again this week) the coordinator at the club, Lisa, is pretty hands-on with the set up. When we visited to see it the 1st time her and another person were setting up a HUGE candy bar, opening all the candy and filling the various bowls and such, so I think they do most of the set up. She basically told us to bring whatever with us when we come for the rehearsal the day before and tell her what we want her to do. They have hurricanes with candles in them so we are just bringing ribbon to tie around them and some rocks to put around the outside for our center pieces. She said there is a safe place for us to lock everything in her office.

So where do you and FI live? Both of us are from Yorktown, we went to high school together and found each other again in Richmond, where we live now.

• Options
    habanewhabanew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright, well that's a relief, it's good to know that the O club is hands on. 

Well my FI and I both graduated from Grafton. I'm finishing up school in NOVA, and he's training in Texas till June, then it depends where I get a job, and that determines where we will live. Most likely back in the Hampton Roads area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards