Texas-Austin

wedding venue question

trying to choose between two venues "Texas Star Meeting and Event Center" which is indoor and "San Michele" which is outdoor. I am not from Austin so my fear is that an early May wedding outdoors could spell trouble. any advice?

Re: wedding venue question

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Early May could be really nice, or it could be really hot and humid. Austin weather is very hard to predict this far out. Does San Michele have an indoor option in case its just plain too hot? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It could rainy any day, any time of year so I would make sure that your venue has a rain plan.
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like the San Michele would need tents to accomodate a wedding. May can be really hot, or a little cool, but it is always safe to say it is going to be hot. If you don't have your heart set on these, I would comprise and find a venue that offers both of the elements. Outdoor or Indoor.

Those April showers may get confused and linger into May... :)
  • edited December 2011

Yeah I agree with BabyBlueNTexas...we had our graduation party last may in the middle of the month. It was supposed to be outside but it ended up POURING, not just raining...but monsooning. We did not have a backup plan and 50+ people ended up in a little duplex. We had fun and everything but learned our lesson that a wedding venue with a rain plan was a MUST.

• sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pick San Michele over Texas Star just on which venue looks better but yes an indoor plan is needed!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys, totally agree with all of you! a tent is the back up plan for San Michele there isn't a large enough space for indoors.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at any other venues or is there some reason it is between these two? They're so different, so I was just curious.
  • edited December 2011
    we have looked at a bunch the problem is we are getting married in Kyle and we live in South Austin. So we have people coming from Austin and the Kyle area and we didn't want our guest to have to drive to far from the church for the reception. there aren't many places between Kyle and south austin. they are either down town austin or south of kyle. do you have and suggestions?
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are quite a few venues in Kyle and South Austin:

Kyle- Texas Old Town, Winfield Inn, Plum Creek Golf Club
    Buda- Ruby Ranch Lodge, Painted Horse Pavillion
    South Austin- Mercury Hall, Wild Onion Ranch, Tuscan Hall, Hummingbird House

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

• edited December 2011
    thank you i will have to look into those.Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards